Agnostic.com

17 17

Hello and Goodbye, Colorado!

My plan to move to Colorado for a job transfer did not go as anticipated.

I just learned today that things didn't go as I had hoped.

I was 1 of 5 candidates to apply for a position within my company that I thought I had already gotten accepted for. I was wondering why the hesitation with paperwork.

I opened the email a few minutes ago. I guess I missed the dreadful email that was time-stamped this morning. Wow! WTF?

I'm disappointed, but at the same time; I'm a bit relieved.

I would have been incurring $600 -$800 more in bills per month, I would have had to try to find a new civilian and VA pain management doc, transfered my sons' high school and college. I would have had to sell or rent my house here in Texas. Uhaul everything to a new house, unpacked, etc. The list goes on.

This all started because I met someone through Agnostic. Someone that I thought I had developed a connection with. Then things didn't work out, but I still wanted to relocate to Colorado because of my job that I love so much and the new experience. Plus, my sons loved it there when they used to visit their father when he was stationed with the military. So, my sons were in favour of the move. They just never knew the other reason besides my job for wanting to move there.

I think I knew the outcome of this and tried to ignore the signs.

I had a dream in early December that things would not work out between he and I. I'm grateful for my dreams, but I was being stubborn and tried to ignore it.

As a spiritual person, (because it is in my Native American roots to be) I always feel that my loved ones who have passed on still guide me through life.

Anyway, that's how my evening went. All for the best.

No more long-distance relationships ever again. I was never in favour of them after taking on the greatest loss of my life 20 years ago, then finding him again 10 years later, then finally letting go, 2.5 years ago.

It's gonna have to be a solid ground relationship or nothing at all.

SleeplessInTexas 8 Jan 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Hi how are u... I'm from philipines

My long-term goal is to retire and live in Utah.

Sorry to hear. Theres always great men out there. You are a beauty, intelligent and an atheist. The world is yours

I hear you with long term relationships, they are so much harder to make work. Good luck on the next chapter in TX or elsewhere.

Come to Pittsburgh...

There may be bigger and better opportunities in the future when you don’t have to worry about moving your boys around. Who’s to know?? These choices are never easy and you did an amazing thing by just taking a risk in the first place. Texas is glad to keep you!

@Green_eyes Every time I leave Texas to go anywhere, I miss it. People here are so nice.

The British/ English come a close second to Texas for the nicest people I have ever met! And over the phone, people from Wisconsin, Michigan, Massachusetts, Louisiana are just as darling!

the gods intercede & you will be fine.

"I think I knew the outcome of this and tried to ignore the signs."

We're all guilty of that...

"No more long-distance relationships ever again."
Couldn't agree with you more.

You have a good grasp of what works and doesn't for you. Just keep moving forward and stay positive. Luck

So then Virginia is a non-starter? ???

I feel like all the single peeps on Agnostic just went through that roller coaster emotion with you but differently.

They read:
moving canceled (that sucks for her)
Moving because of job and guy ( that sucks for peeps)
Didn't work out with that guy ( sucks for her but elated peeps)
No more long distance relationships (heart hit the floor of all the peeps)

p.s. I am sorry that it didn't go your way this time. I hope you do find the happiness you seek. On the bright side you have people like me trying to cheer you up.

When did you serve?

90s-00s

@SleeplessInTexas I've been AD since 2000. I'm counting down the days

Don't feel sorry for me. I only take risks that I know I can recover from quickly.

The girl who got the job, got it because she already lives in Colorado. She was the only local of those of us who inquired. I want to thank her right about now.

I can be a bit competitive when it comes to my job, but I know when to stand down and let things be. This is one of those rare times.

Kudos to me for my bravery or shame on me for my stupidity. I think a combo of both!😅

Phew!

I don't think my coworkers and superiors here in Texas were ready to let me go. I'll give them the good news tomorrow! 😊

No shame...you tried for something and failed, there is no shame in trying for what we want, we are only learning!

Kudos! I thinks it’s always better to try for things you want rather than living with regret. However, distance relationships suck, and I’d never recommend it.

I'm so sorry. And so happy for you at the same time. You now get to step back, take a deep breath, and re-evaluate everything from the comfort of the familiar. Maybe you still want to pursue relocation. Or maybe you decide you like it where you are. Either way, you are starting from solid ground, and on your terms. Good luck. ?

@GinaKay Thank you, Ma'am. ❤

I am so sorry about your losses. They didn’t work out, but you can still plan fun and interesting things for your life. You can take more trips to places near you that you have never been. You can sign up for a class that you have ‘real,’ interest in. It is not easy, to desire a companion or life partner and it never seems to happen. But, there must be joy and love in your heart so tap into them and make new plans. Nip the hurt in the ‘bud,’ when it surfaces to try and derail you. Because, you deserve happiness...

@Freedompath Thank you, Ma'am. It kind of felt like a punch to the stomach, but I didn't lose anything that I can't find again.

I'm actually impressed with myself for having "the balls" to even attwmpt do something crazy like this. 😅

@SleeplessInTexas that is a great attitude about the whole thing...if we never step outside our comfort zone, we never really know how strong we are...the broken places build up extra tissue and we are made stronger, not weakened! You go girl?

Moving to another state with kids is tough.
Keep your eyes and heart open - don’t give up🙂
Colorado is overrated anyway - just kidding. I grew up there, but had my. reasons to leave.

@Haemish1 It would have been kinda tough to move far with my sons. But, my sons are amazing young men. They make life fairly great for me. I feel like a queen being protected and loved by two princes. These young men have been my pillars of strength. My truest of love!

I respect and love my sons for all they do for me. I'm honoured they chose me to be their mother during their creation. They could have chosen any woman in the world to give them life. I am the luckiest woman in the world!

Thank you for your kind words. 😊

@SleeplessInTexas
It goes both ways - I suspect they chose you for a reason🙂

From here on in I wish you the best.

@Charliesey Thank you, Sir!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276254
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.