Agnostic.com

14 1

I got drunker than I intended to ? how do I minimize the hangover effect? ?

Ps: thanks for the suggestions, everyone! Drinking is expensive ?

Spongebob 7 Jan 29

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

14 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Water won't help without salt. Eat some saltine crackers and drink a bunch of water

Get less drunker.

godef Level 7 Jan 29, 2019

Just suffer so you'll learn.

These things happen
The advice below is all valid.
Alcohol binges dehydrates you, this in turn reduces the blood supply to the brain, and kills off a few thousand brain cells (don't worry you have 100s of billion and so does sneezing).
You need water, rapid acting carbs so sugary pop is a good choice, in fact full fat cola is the best and pain relief. Sleep helps too.
We all know about the hair of the dog (which works too). Unfortunately hang over will get you. Avoiding over indulging is not always possible but alternating a alcoholic drink with a non-alcoholic drink works well.
Stay well

Hair of the dog tomorrow . No really, drink lots of water. Alcohol is very dehydrating.

vitamin c. best taken not as a pill but as food. eat radishes. drink oj. i heard it's best done before drinking but it couldn't hurt after. the previous suggestion of water is good too, but do the c too.

g

Rest, drink water, you need to give time and water for your body to rehydrate.
Your body is processing the aldehydes that results from the breakdown of alcohol and it consumes a lot of water that is being drained from your internal organs, this causes the hangover.
You can stop it for some time if you drink more alcohol as your body gives priority to alcohol, and the breakdown of alcohol do not need that much water. This way some symptoms will disappear for sometime, but they will come back worse after because there will be more aldehydes to process.
You can also treat the symptoms with painkillers, but most of medicines are processed by the lever and yours are already overloaded, so do not make this a habit, it can cause serious damage on long therm.

Yes do NOT mix acetaminiphen (tylenol) especially!

And Gatorade.

Milkshake. Preferably peanut butter, made with chocolate milk.

2nd lots of water, and asprin or ibuprofen. Thins the blood a little more (helps outgas the alcohol), and vasodilators help with the headache. And millennia liquid if you have some.

Good luck.

Drink a shot of whiskey in a glass of water. Take a B complex Vit. Then drink 3-4 glasses of water over 4 hours.

Keep a bottle of Milk Thistle handy, it helps the liver process. In the supplement section of most pharmacies. It can take the edge off.

first two people got both my answers. Way to go.

Drink lots of water

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:276341
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.