Agnostic.com

6 9

QUESTION Want to See Gun Control Enacted? Support a Movement to Arm Black Folks En Masse | Alternet

It seems pretty likely that, were the media face of gun ownership to become black, calls to institute legislative controls would suddenly fill the halls of Congress.

By the most recent tally, just 19 percent of African-Americans have a gun in their household, compared with 41 percent of whites. But new fears about rising racist violence, an increase in the number of hate groups and the everyday transparent bigotry of the Trump administration are reportedly helping drive up the number of African-American gun buyers. Imagine that this leads to thousands, even millions, of black folks joining the NRA, applying for concealed carry licenses, starting gun clubs around the country and attempting to exercise our rights as citizens. Racism would, as it always has, perk up and put a stop to that, and fast.

zblaze 7 Feb 22

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I fear even more cops would get away with killing black men using the excuses "I saw a gun" or "I feared for my life"

They use those excuses anyway.

Yeah, I know. Thought I said that. Sorry I failed to make that clear.

Start a Go Fund Me page!

If you do have to have guns, they should be restricted to mothers only.

Yes...I seem to remember then-governor Reagan getting on board with an anti-gun measure during the high-point of the Black Panther movement.
[huffingtonpost.com]

Sorry - no.

There is NO 'arm X' reponse that I would support.

I know for a fact that this would work but, the result could just as easily be that laws that prevent blacks from owning guns get enacted and the true racist face of America is revealed.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:27666
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.