Agnostic.com

36 5

Would you involve yourself in a romantic relationship with a theist?

I'm curious to know-- would you be able to set aside a religious difference of opinion in a romantic relationship?

• 22 votes
  • 30 votes
  • 42 votes
silvereyes 8 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

36 comments (26 - 36)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Possibly, but it would need to be someone extremely hands-off in their faith — no fundamentals or conservatives.

Absolutely not. I can not deal with the ignorance, the lifestyle, or any other nonsense. I want to puke just thinking about it.

Oh I had and a Practicing Christian Scientist none the less.... always boils down to the title of this play... "My Arms Are Too Short To Box With god." We tried for years... still friends and dancing partners of opportunity but... it will never work right. But I can Never Say Never... god or no god should not be the deal breaker in my universe, but it may be and I am just in denial because I know no better.

Depends on how bad they were about their theism.

I think I could in theory, as long as mutual respect is met for each others beliefs or lack of beliefs

I would have to say if you are hard core religious then it would not work but I would not say it's a deal breaker!

For me it is necessary because in the Middle East the religious can not be linked to the atheist . The opposite is true

I did date a dyed in the wool Baptist and it was hands down the worst relationship I ever engaged in. I never did reveal my atheism to him nor did I cave in to his demands to get baptized in his religion. He demanded I obey him as my superior because he was a man. Showed him the door when I finally lost my patience with his holier than thou attitude. He didnt reveal ths side of himself until he felt he had me hooked.

She has to be open minded if so.

Indeed. Why not?? Now I have a chance to change a person!!! You know the preachers search atheists for converting them. And there is nothing wrong in following a religion as long as it's not a burden for the people who do not follow.

Yeah, have. Once you understand why people can be theist, it’s hard to hold it against them. Get over it, because most don’t care you’re an atheist.

Marz Level 7 Nov 21, 2017

Viewpoints and opinions on certain things definitely matter in a relationship.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2768
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.