Agnostic.com

6 0

Flu shot anyone?

Who got the flu shot this year? Did it work? I didn't get one. Innit crazy for vaccinations. It has been said it was only 10% effective. I got the flu and have been out of commission for four days.

#Flu
confidentrealm 7 Feb 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I get a flu shot every year. Even if it's a year where it's not the greatest match for that year's flu, it's a good enough gamble for me. I have never had any reaction from the shot. I'm self employed and don't have the luxury of taking a sick day off.

I have a friend who refuses to get a flu shot because one time, years ago, he got a terrible case of flu starting the day after his shot. My feeling is that he may have already been exposed to the flu before getting his shot. From what I understand, it takes a couple of weeks for the shot to be fully effective.

I always get a flu shot, and even if I still get the flu, it's not as bad as it would be without the vaccine.

Orbit Level 7 Feb 1, 2019

You shouldn't get the flu, you might get a bad cold.

I am sorry to nag especially when you have been unwell but GET YOUR FLU SHOT! Remember this test, its called the '£50 pound note test'. If it started raining £50 pound notes (insert your nation's currency of equivilent value) and you are too unwell to get up and get them, you have flu. If you can gather them, even if it takes all your effort, you have a cold. Influenza kills and is contagious. It is especially harsh on the very young and the very old. It is also dsngerous for those in risk groups (diabetes, hashimotos etc). As a nurse, let me urge anyone here over 50...just get it done.

I get the shot annually. Have not had the flu since I was a kid, in college.

Zster Level 8 Feb 1, 2019

Good girl!

Flu shot last September. No flu since. Correlation, uncertain...

I get em,,, they are free around here now... Don't know if they actually help, but perhaps a bit.

Free in UK too

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:278801
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.