Agnostic.com

6 0

LINK Governor in "clearly racist" photo; vows to serve out term amid calls for resignation | Virginia Politics | pilotonline.com

As a Virginian who campaigned for Northam, I feel a sense of grief, loss,and outrage that is beyond the political. But more than that, I feel that I DO NOT KNOW THE MAN FOR WHOM I VOTED. That he can have THIS in his background in the these times, with #BlackLivesMatter and Trump's policies in the forefront and Justin Fairfax as his running partner AND NOT ADDRESS IT??? Well, that speaks to me of bone-deep white-privilege or stupidity or duplicitousness or possibly a combination of all three on a scale I hate contemplate. Anywhich way, THIS is not the man I thought I voted for; this behavior is unacceptable; Northam needs to resign-FORTHWITH, SPEEDILY, NOW! (We still have Fairfax and Herring.)

BookDeath 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

6 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I don’t approve of what he did, everyone makes mistakes and at what point are they forgiven? He was and made a mistake. Should he for it even 30 years later? Is there no statute of limitation on youthful stupidity? I don’t think it serves anyone to just punish him. Instead his apology ahould be accepted and this can be an example of how change and forgiveness works and that we are all human and all make mistakes. While it was a terrible thing, he didn’t kill anyone, it is one night in his life and needs to be put in perspective. I can’t imagine having my past dug through and I am thankful that I grew up in the 80’s when everyone didn’t have a camera or I would be mortified by what might be on YouTube ?

I’ve commented on this before, but I’ll do so again. There is absolutely no one who has lead an offense free life. This man hurt no one and isn’t accused of hurting anyone over 30 years ago. I don’t care.

He needs to go away. Even if he stays, he will be totally ineffectual as a leader.

How did his opponents never find this?

al franken didn't even DO what he was accused of doing and he saw what his party would suffer if he stayed in office. he graciously backed out, even though he SHOULD have had an investiation (which he requested repeatedly and never got) and been exonerated. he didn't even have assurance his replacement would be a democrat, yet he did what he had to do. northam's position is clearer: he does not deny his bad behavior, he admits it WAS bad behavior, he makes (because he has) no excuse for it (to his credit, he doesn't claim that it's okay because he was young, which actually he wasn't), he has a good democrat waiting and ready to take the helm, and the ONLY thing standing in the way of his resignation is his concern for his own career. he has no reason not to resign; he has every reason to resign, and immediately. if franken, who was innocent, could make that sacrifice, northam should be doubly eager to make it. it must be awfully disappointing to have campaigned for him as you did, and trusted that he was the kind of man he presented himself to be. it has to be disappointing that on top of that, he won't do the right thing.

g

he needs to resign and democrats need to force him out. there shouldn’t be a question about this.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:279556
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.