Agnostic.com

12 2

My dog says, 'Men get married to have sex, and women have sex to get married'. What's does she know she's spayed! But she may have a point tho. What's your opinion?

atheist 8 Nov 3

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Absolutes are always wrong!

JimG Level 8 Sep 13, 2018

My dog says, "Traditional human marriage is an agreement between men to secure alliances, fiefdoms, even empires, against rivals."

Can’t speak for anyone else, but my husband and I got married for many of the legal benefits (taxes, insurance, immigration, inheritance, medical decisions). Sex had nothing to do with it for either or us.

I thought people got married for the tax break

[itunes.apple.com]

What’s the one food that kills your sex drive?

Answer: wedding cake

I love that joke. 🙂

I think sex and marriage can actually be two exclusively different things. I know of one coup-le who has been together for many years, but they no longer have sex with each other, but with other persons. Sexual exclusivity is a cultural more or dogma that does nto reflect how peopel actually behave. Humans, generally are not monogamous by nature.

Ideally, to me, marriage should be between two persons who care enough abotu ech other to always be honest with each other. Sexual exclusivity cn be a goal, bur should nto be a realistic expectation. A couple shoudl be honest abotu sex outside the relationship, especially when it comes to safer sex.

Sex partners are pretty easy to find, but good friends who will always be honest with you are extremely rare. Which do you think shodl really be valued the most?

My grandmother used to put it another way. She used to say that men give love in order to get sex, and women give sex in order to get love. But I think after having got to an age of some experience, I tend to agree more with Silvereyes.

Whatever you're feeding your dog is causing it to jump to outrageous assumptions. Where can I get some of that food? Your dog is way off by the way. It's dog shit, cat shit, bull shit, whatever. It ain't true.

SamL Level 7 Nov 4, 2017

That is one damn opinionated dog you got there! Never would I marry for sex. As far as your dog opinion of women clearly she is a bitch. She has obviously been watching the wrong women, ones with no ambition , poor self esteem and not very intelligent.

After you're married, the sex goes by the wayside anyway. Keep your dog.

Really, that has not been my experience, didn't meet the half dozen times a day standard but, that probably had more to do with aging, but, never did either of our active interest wane.

That's bullshit. Why would he marry her if all he wants is sex and she already gave it up? People get married for many reasons, sex probably not being that influencial since you can have sex when you're single.

You ignore the fact that the odds are she won't keep having sex unless marriage is the goal. Doesn't apply to everyone of course but I think there's truth there. We all want companionship, but women tend to want devotion and loyalty more than sex, while men tend to be the other way around. I think that's partly a biological trait, and partly cultural - women are over-sexualized with men are under-sexualized. I wish both sexes could understand each other better and achieve a better balance.

A cliché is a cliché.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:2799
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.