Agnostic.com

3 0

what kind of stupid position is a soul anyway?

I don't see how anyone with a brain can suppose that two humans can fornicate and make something immortal. That just doesn't sit right with me.

I know the jews talk about the guff in passing but there's really no support for that position from what I understand. Some faiths suggest all the souls are already waiting for bodies which seems more than a little deterministic.

So if we're looking for the actual truth it would seem that either there is nothing or there is a universal consciousness. If nothing then all the speculation doesn't matter anyway. If universal consciousness then we all go back to the ether when this body passes no matter.

Thus it's all about control. Be good to one another so you're not a big dick and enjoy yourselves in this life.

JeffMesser 8 Feb 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

3 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The soul concept makes no sense to me. I think that the sense of self as a separate human body is only an illusion due to our limited interface with reality, based on our artificial matter/space/time model. I see no place for a soul. I am Universal Consciousness, not born and not to die.

The very concept that something “exists” is nothing but a shallow human ego idea which is meaningless in Ultimate Reality. Things exist in time or they are thought to be created at particular times, but even modern physics is saying that there is no such thing as time.

Why is your soul one thing and your body another? Even in the bibble man "became a living soul." Nowhere does it say that a god gave him a soul, or that souls are waiting for bodies, etc. You are a soul. Mankind has become entwined in religious myth from outside the Christian handbook and they all fall for it. The reason is that nobody wants to die.

nah, it's charioteer. that gives you 3rd person to see the forest for the trees. objectivity. I fully believe in cartesian dualism.

@kauva To get me to believe in it you would have to produce evidence and I'm sure you cannot do that. Videos and cryptic writings prove nothing except someone's point of view.

@DenoPenno thats fine. I will follow the katha upanishad. you follow your instincts.

Pineal gland

nah. that was a popular answer when no one understood the past purpose of the pineal gland. now we know it is an ancient reptilian "eye" for seeing overhead predators.

@kauva We do not fully know what it is, however we do believe it is part of the system that creates that spidery feeling you get when someone is behind you or talking about you. Its all genes, hormones and neurotransmitters.

@Amisja my neurologist disagrees with you. he says latest studies show it to be ultra-violet sensitive in reptiles and alerts their flight response.

@kauva Are you saying that the eye can see ultra-violet wavelengths? If not, how does this work?

@JohnWay thats the ops of the pineal gland in reptiles. ours doesnt work anymore so I am told.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:280087
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.