Agnostic.com

11 6

Do you do things that allow you to be the best you can be?

Are we all diamonds in the rough ready to be polished?

I did not make these up. I've seen these tips in various forms, and I'm sure they can be found on various websites with more detail.

1. Know what you want to be
  2. Create a vision and set achievable goals
  3. Practice things you are passionate about
  4. Love yourself
  5. Surround yourself with positive people
  6. Get rid of unnecessary things
  7. Learn to say no
  8. Do regular retrospectives - self assess and course correct
  9. Believe in yourself and your vision
  10. Invest in yourself - do things that nourish your being
SteveB 7 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

No, I strive for mediocrity. Less pressure, and when you do something really exceptional people really appreciate it. If you do great stuff all the time eventually no one cares and they expect all the time. Porta pressure.

@SteveB I did. Worked out well

Another deep question from Victoria that makes one [me] think.

1 & 2 I guess I never thought of being something. At one time I was confused with all the conflicting information especially about religion. I decided to be open to evidence no matter if it made me feel uncomfortable (again be careful what you wish for). 3. just came along and still keeps coming. 4. Self love is easy it is self-confidence that is often difficult. 5. I am surrounded by positive people and a positive community. Trouble is, sometimes that positiveness gets in the way of open mindedness and reason. 6. What is baggage; Material, emotional, mental and physical? Material is easy as I hate clutter and always look for ways to reduce. Physical and emotional always require vigilance and work. Mental is also an ongoing project and will be so until I die. 7. Saying no is easy for the big things not so much for little things. 8. Absolutely, 9. I believe in myself but the vision keeps changing. 10. That is the easiest part. Where I live there are ample opportunities for self-nourishment and I take full advantage of them. This site and some of the members on it have done a lot toward that as well.

I believe the meaning of life is to evolve. For humans that evolution means learning and it should never stop.

Some. I don't think obsessive self-improvement is a good thing. It's better to follow your bliss and avoid the frantic rush to "succeed."

I want to be Bruce Wayne.

Can’t say that I do many of those.

When I want to... I listen to No One but me. So I will not read your post or your suggestions since you are asking me.

@SteveB I am sorry... It was my asshole moment. I got some of those. It is just no one mentioned that a diamond at some point was a piece of coal... "pressured" until it became something else... and it was not "beautiful" and perfect until the diamond moment, well I am the piece of coal that never wanted to be a diamond, never wanted to shine, never wanted to have blood spilled on my behalf. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. In some societies diamonds are nothing but a shiny rock. In some south american pre-colombus societies gold had little value because there was a lot of it. Then came the spaniards and that society is not around anymore. So when someone mention diamond with the best of thoughts and interests... I revert back to the "blood diamond" concept still is alive in our days. I understand you guys meant well.

not consciously, I just do what I feel like doing at the time.

I do some of them

Yeah, I’m a Pokemon trainer!

I tried trying to be my best once. I didn't like how people treated me. I didn't know people are like that. Now I do.

Whatever I'm gonna be, it's gonna be in private. I can't deal with the drama.

I tried once too. Worst 20 minutes of my life.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28121
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.