Agnostic.com

10 0

Gentlemen: How did it feel like when your voice broke?

Here is my experience:

My transition was long compared to my peers. I was about 14 when I first noticed my voice has started to shift. For almost a year my voice was stuck between childish tone and harsh tone. Throughout that period, I wasn't certain what the product of my voice would be when I was going to talk! Sometimes it was funny and sometimes embarrassing at school. I had to do some practice before any sort of public situation. I'm glad it's over!

Aralt 7 Feb 23

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Don't remember my voice changing. But those zits...daymn! Could sure wake up with some honkers. Had to put the back of my head against the wall before I popped 'em, other wise I might break my neck! I know, I know...lovely thought, that.

You know what? I never really noticed it.

I assume it must have been a gradual change and didn't cause me any problems at all.

It was the opposite for me

Yeah a music teacher told me to "sing softly." Incidentally, it was a church choir.

A Nun did that to my Dad. He never realized that his adult voice was quite good and he should sing out! (However shower singing!). 😉

I think mine still does

Never felt the change or noticed it... so must had been early... I do recall at age about 14... in a Woolworth store a cashier telling me, "oh my goodness you are a boy with a man's voice". That made my week as I recalled.

My voice change started at a fairly young age, 10. It bothered me the most when I tried to sing. This was especially difficult because I had been in a school choir the year before and had a nice soprano. Then I went from a soprano to a bass in the same musical phrase. It took maybe two years for the change to settle in, but the damage was done by that time. I absolutely refused to even try to sing for years. Only in the last few years have I enjoyed singing again, and I do it well enough that other people don't mind when I do it.....and I'm still a bass.

It's all about that bass, bout that bass, bout that bass. 😉

Yeah, you don't fiddle around with the bass.

This reminds me of when my HS put the Football Team into Choir. They weren't making the needed grade?

We had more Bass then we knew what to do with.

Also can't imagine going through voice change. There might be a slight shift in a women's voice - but it's not going to lead to that wonderful cracking.

I will let you know when it happens, there was never any great change, I have a very very soft voice, and not deep, yet I am quite a large guy for my generation with an enormous chest cavity and huge lungs.

My voice seemed to change overnight. Only problem was it was identical to my father's.

I have no idea what thats like. my voice pretty much changed over night. guess I was lucky

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28173
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.