Agnostic.com

17 6

In case you guys thought otherwise, Webster classifies us as pagan. Pagan is typically used for polytheism, but we still fit the brand. The most apt definition is anyone not of the belief of the abrahamic god, e.g. Christian, Muslim, Jewish. Wear the label loud and proud. Us heathens should not be ashamed...btw don't forget the spring equinox is around the corner. Be sure to have your sacrificial virgins ready.

SocraticAddict 6 Feb 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

17 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I prefer "Godless Horde" I used to call my husband (Gaia rest his soul) a Reformed Druid, He was a carpenter, loved working with wood and loved trees, but he only worshiped the ones that grew on the golf course. Tee Hee

Candy Level 4 Feb 25, 2018

Holly crap I'm a Pagan, and I didn't even know it. Well, can I start an Atheist Church and keep my books private and not pay taxes? It seems only fair if they lump me into a typically religious category.

A book seller and an autistic madman define you. Not me.

It is not necessarily politeistic. It applies to politeísmo because was first used by the one-goders to disparage the others, who happened to be politeistic, but it could by definition be the other way around.

Pagan applies to anything that is not mainstream. Therefore, during Greek and Roman times Cristians could have been called pagans. It is just a name for those under the main portion of the bell to refer to the outliers. I don’t care for labels. I have been called worse, and I continue to happily move along my life.

I used to be Wiccan, and now I consider myself to be an Agnostic Pagan. So I like this. (For the record, I still consider myself Pagan not because of deities, but because I love the planet we happen to be on, and that is one of the main tenets of the branch of Paganism I belonged to. A reverence for nature.)

Ori89 Level 4 Feb 24, 2018

Just curious, what made you leave the Wiccan community? Why did you stop believing in Gods?

Heathens? Pagans? Don't look now, but those terms also have political definitions. Remember the Doctrine of Discovery? It was the 1400s mythical concoction of the Western World to base its genocidal and land-stealing principles on. In North America, it was the vehicle by which the Indian lands were stolen and genocide committed and - it's continues in this day of civilized folks, a foundation of the U.S. Supreme Court and its entire body of Indian Law. [indiancountrymedianetwork.com]

Important points. Glad you spoke up.

I refuse to wear a label sir.

You are such an “unlabeled”. There! That’s your label!! : )

There's one in every crowd.... 😛

Blood for Baal! Blood for Baal!

d_day Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

I prefer to be referred to as undeluded. I am not big on virgin sacrifices it seems such a waste a potentially sexual being, maybe instead we could sacrifice televangelists.

I second the motion!

Where do I send my contribution to get the televangelists thrown into volcanoes?

Damn fine idea!

I'm atheist myself, so that doesn't fit me.

godef Level 7 Feb 24, 2018

I don't care as this site is as good as I've found and nothings perfect. after all, language is man-made. I'm like my dogs who don't believe either. I wouldn't call them pagans or any name meaning they don't believe.

Aw, I won't submit to any authoritarian name calling. I won't answer to pagan, heathen, heretic, apostate, idolater or infidel. Here I just answer to Hicks. I can't choose what you do call me but I can decide what I'll answer to.

fuck yes

Pagan is good as it defines our position very well.

We need Proud to be a PAGAN t shirts!! I could rock that.

I've never called myself a Pagan, but I do enjoy the celebrations.

Oh yeah, lol

Personally I prefer "heathen" as it lacks the polytheistic connotation of "pagan".

@icolan I used to call my children little heathens! I did not know I was predicting their future, but I think I did good.

It is not necessarily politeistic. It applies to politeísmo because was first used by the one-goders to disparage the others, who happened to be politeistic, but it could by definition be the other way around.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28372
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.