Agnostic.com

2 2

LINK 47 Signs You’re From Michigan | Thought Catalog

I'm proud of my home state. It has so much to offer and has proven to be a survivor in the light of economic woes.

Whether you want to reminisce or learn our quirky ways, have a read. I guarantee you will smile maybe even laugh out loud.

Then join us at the "Michiganders" Group to learn more or share. ?

BeeHappy 9 Feb 10

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Number 1 should be "used to live there".

Boo! What do you know Texan? Lol

@BeeHappy and where do you live now?

@Mokvon that doesn't mean anything. I still spend 5 or more months there each year. Because I appreciate my home state as well as several others.

@BeeHappy so you mean you are rich? You winter in the Keys and summer in the Hamptons circa Michigan.

@Mokvon Yeah, that would be nice. But you don't have to be rich, just have family and friends willing to put me up during my stay. So yeah, a bit of mooching going on. ?

I grew up on a lake in Michigan with three sailboats and no guns.

At age 21 after graduating from the University of Michigan, I moved to Washington State to climb mountains and stayed.

But I still:

1. Talk like a duck: WAH-shington," "AW-portunity," "HAM-mock." Quack, quack, quack.

2. Point to my left hand to show where I grew up.

3. Drink Vernors ginger ale when sick.

4. Learned to sail before driving a car.

5. Miss fireflies, fall colors and the Great Lakes.

!. unless you're on of those bizarre Youpers

@Paul4747

I believe it's spelled "Yoopers."

@LiterateHiker I have a migraine this morning, it's hard for me to spell...

My home was also gun free. I have really had a blast rediscovering the state after 30 plus years away.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:285974
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.