Agnostic.com

1 1

LINK COSCOMBE SEAWATER IRRIGATION PROJECT - YouTube

After reading @Lukian's post about econcretetech precast specially designed concrete blocks for sea walls [agnostic.com] , I started looking around and found this video on a project using seawater for an agricultural system. Perhaps the most interesting bit was in using halophyte plants [en.wikipedia.org] , which actually thrive with salty water. I could easily see this being done in the US. Unfortunately, I haven't been able to find any recent information on this project. Perhaps it was abandoned. However, there appears to be other similar ongoing projects using seawater.

bingst 8 Feb 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

1 comment

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I did not know anyone was doing this. Or that it could be done?

Seawater to grow a crop. Honestly... that's amazing. Plus the fish they can produce? That's pretty darn clever and a game changer for those communities.

And shrimp.

@bingst I saw the shrimp - and I want them... but I can't have any. lol

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:286879
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.