Agnostic.com

4 3

LINK Where are baby dinosaurs?

This is a few years old but I thought it was interesting. Hope you like it too.

BeeHappy 9 Feb 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

That was very good. Thanks for posting it. I will also admit that the T-Rex has always been my favorite.

Isn't he for most of us? ?

He made absolutely PERFECT sense.
Scientists seem never to consider that the young of dinosaurs might not have only borne a slight resemblance to the mature versions just as any young of a species does.
Yes, most young animals resemble, outwardly, their parent/s but the bone structure has yet to grow to completion and that is where the difference/s come in to it.
So many 'experts' swore that dinosaurs were cold-blooded like their modern reptile 'cousins' but even that has been over-turned these days as well since, for example, we now know that 1) birds are warm-blooded, and, b) birds are evolved from the remaining Ornithopod type dinosaurs who survived the K-T mass extinction event.

It sounds reasonable to me too.

Very interesting. Thanks for posting.

skado Level 9 Feb 12, 2019

Sure, my pleasure! ??

I used to decorate my bookcases with the little, painted plastic variety.

Awww, was that last week? Lol

@BeeHappy Nope. About ten years ago. But then I sold my library--all 3,500 volumes--to a lady that owned a used book store.

@davknight whoa! That's a big library! Were you downsizing?

@BeeHappy Nope. Moving!

@davknight do you miss it?

@BeeHappy Yes! I am a hopeless bibliophile, who can't stay away from used book stores, and Friends of the Library used book sales!

@davknight So you have started a new collection?

@BeeHappy No matter how hard I try not to, I seem to be a book magnet. Currently have 400.

@davknight Lol! Yep. Once I read a book I can let it go (didn't use to be the case) but it's the stack of unread books collected at libraries, garage sales and such that continue to grow. There for a while I was reading e-books, they take up a lot less room. Lol

@BeeHappy My library was my reference library. All history, anthropology, natural sciences,biographies, and classics.To me, it was a twenty-year accumulation of eclectic nerd reading!

@davknight I understand. Who doesn't love their own personal library? But right or wrong, good or bad, they are becoming extinct. And Google and Wikipedia are becoming the new resources.

@BeeHappy So what happens when civilization collapses,the electricity ceases to flow, and the satellites crash? I will still have books. Google and Wikipedia will be no more!

@davknight Yep. I just hope I'm not around when that happens.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:287698
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.