Agnostic.com

15 1

Do you believe in UFO's?

Some people believe they've seen UFO's and others claim that we have had aliens who have landed here on Earth. Is there any truth to this? What about the Roswell, NM cover up? I once asked a bunch of astronomers (professionals) if we've had any aliens land here and they unanimously said no. Their reasoning is simply because nothing can travel faster than the speed of light and the closest star from our sun (Alpha Centauri) is over 4 light years away. Why would any life form travel that distance for that long to come here?

jsbach 5 Feb 13

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Just because you don't know how to do faster than light travel doesn't mean that it's impossible. All it means that you don't know how to do it. Astronomers know the distances between stars but they don't know how to get there from here. Studying UFOs pretty much told me that yes it's possible for faster than light travel and the key to space travel is by reducing the weight of your vehicle by not reducing the mass. If you figure out how to do it, well its nice to know but go ahead and try to publish a paper on it. Yeah, you're going to be without a job. Here's a book that you should look into that talks about just that.
The Hunt for Zero Point: Inside the Classified World of Antigravity Technology by Nick Cook [goodreads.com]
And the visitors themselves like to have you believe that they don't exist. You've seen those NTG episodes where they try to minimize damage to a primitive society. Well they do the same thing. John A Keel, author of The Mothman Prophecies, did come across different aliens who would fake UFO sightings for the press right to before a big sighting flap occurred. But our government does it's best to to spread Misinformation too like the Roswell Dummies.
I believe that you should keep believing that we're alone in the universe. For knowing that we're just one among the many and not the first on this planet doesn't help in every day life. As the saying goes "ignorance is bliss."

Not yet long ways to go.

In general I don't know about UFOs, but in regard to Roswell I have spent considerable time studying the known facts, and also had the opportunity to converse with the late Dr Jesse Marcel Jr who as a boy was an eyewitness to the event. There is no doubt in my mind that the debris that fell to earth at Roswell was from the top-secret Mogul balloon that was designed to detect a Soviet nuclear test. Of course the UFO mythology has become quite profitable for Roswell and others, so you won't get them to admit that. Similarly, you will never get the people of Stratford-upon-Avon to admit that their barely literate townsman William Shagsper was not the author of the Shakespeare plays.

Ahhh it’s times like this that I believe this site should’ve been dubbed “ Dissmissive.com”.?

Ok let’s begin with the “ Fact “ that every nation on this planet has documented some form of U F O activity dating to a time when didn’t even have weather balloons.

And even though Roswell was a major UFO event here in America it’s believed that England, Germany, Italy, Russia, Poland, China and Australia have all experienced their own very similar events.
As well as developed their own UFO research divisions within their governments.

But going back to Roswell let’s not forget that the government’s own public report stated that they retrieved a weather balloon and proceeded to transfer that balloon to wright Patterson air base some 1,300+ miles away.?

Yeah that makes total sense right? This means that they’re either lying about what it was or where they took it either way it’s as shady the government can get.

Ok now it’s time to piss off the geeks. And btw I see some people not acknowledging Dr. Hawking’s work in string theory but anyway.

For us to declare the limits of anything outside of our knowledge would be a tad ignorant to say the least especially when you consider that on multiple occasions we’ve either been proven wrong or a scientist stops theorizing and actually just does it.

What I’m saying is that so far all we’ve really accomplished is sending humans to our moon and even then never once have we attempted to use our shuttles.
Which still required the rocket technology that was developed from the V2 rocket program from WW2.

And since then we’ve chained ourselves with the light speed theories which does have some legitimacy.
let’s be we’re not ever going to be able to move a 100,000 ton vehicle the size of football stadium on a beam of light.

Especially since we couldn’t get one off the ground with our mentally restricted methods of propulsion.
I’m just saying that to declare anything impossible just because we can’t only speaks to our own arrogance.

And finally we have just recently begun to use a plasma drive system on one of our deep space satellites.

I personally believe that if we could figure out how to control either magnetic propulsion or even a collider that we would then able to outside of our solar system with the crew still being alive.

And then can attempt to achieve light speed and/or wormholes. Which might not even be the method for which species from outside our own planet might use.
Seriously it could be something that our 10% brain using hairless ape minds cannot phantom and theorizing is necessary but it doesn’t mean that we should stop right there either.

There you go my Opinion do with it as you wish.

The Wyoming Army National Guard used to have a bad habit of crashing their helicopters into the Colorado Rockies. And in response to the question 'are we alone?', I used to say: Supposing some night, an object from above crashed into your neighborhood? The devout would immediately get down on their knees and pray. The atheist would say 'ahh, there aint no UFOs!', and go back to sleep.. The agnostic would say 'Let me get my flashlight, and let's go down and investigate this phenomenon. But I got five bucks it's a helicopter from WANG! And upon approaching the crinkled-up wreckage, and seeing the letters W-A-N-G painted on the side, would say 'See! I told ya so!'

Yes I have seen things flying that I could not identify, such as "what kind of hawk is that?" Or, Is that a Boeing 737 or a Yellow Spirit Airlines. Is that a Russian satelite or the Space Station.

Does it matter?

The truth will get dissected and ridiculed, anyway.

It's just best not to talk about such things when they happen to us.

UFOs? They are what they are. Unidentified Flying Objects Sure I believe in them. Are they space crafts from other worlds? Now that's another whole question.

godef Level 7 Feb 13, 2019

I believe that there is life out there in the universe. It would seem ludicrous to think that our little planet carries the only life in this vast space.

I do not believe that they pop over here joyriding in their flying saucers, occasionally scooping up humans to examine.

Yes, I do believe in UFOs. I believe that people photograph and film things called UFOs. What I don't know is what they are. I would like to know what they are. And the problem is I have absolutely zero confidence in governments, military, mainstream media, organisations like Never A Straight Answer NASA, or compromised scientist performers like N De G Tyson, who say, there's nothing to see here folks! I do note that with mobile phones producing a lot of material now compared to just a decade ago, that the authorities have given up attributing these things to ball lightning, Jupiter, and funny clouds. So they just say nothing and hope it'll go away. So, I just keep an open mind and hope for definitive proof one way or another.

By the way, I saw ball lightning once, on an island of Thailand. I must say, it was impressive, but I looked up and thought, oh look, ball lightning! I didn't look up and say, oh look, little green men from Mars!

of course there are ufos. many flying objects are unidentified. are they aliens? nope. but they're definitely unidentified.

g

I think you answered your own question. There is the possibility of life elsewhere in the universe, but, I find it highly unlikely that we will encounter any, due to vast distances of an ever expanding universe. There is no spacecraft imaginable, that would make travelling the distance practical, within the laws of physics as we understand them today.

As it relates to life outside our galaxy, I think that if the conditions were right for us on this rock hurtling through space, spinning at roughly a little over a thousand miles per hour; being just right for our star's habitable zone. Now we are discovering several other stars with planets of their own, per year. Several reports have actual "Earthlike" qualities. The universe as we can most accurately determine is 13.6 Billion years old. It's impossible to me that there is only one type of animal in a forest. Now imagine the universe as an nearly infinite, ever expanding forest. That's my opinion, no two pennies needed.

(Edit)
I would also like to add that if there are beings like us, I think that if they did visit, took one look at us and said "let's not infect ourselves with unknown germs or parasites." Lol.

Do I believe in them? No.

For the soup?

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:288252
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.