Agnostic.com

12 2

Which streaming service should I pay for??

I almost never turn on the TV. I watch ST Enterprise if I'm up late and thats about it. I've been watching movies on Youtube, but that's a bit of a hassle since most of the tiles are nothng more than clickbait. So I'm seeking advice here on the best "Bang for the Buck" streaming service. Note, I have no interest in comedy, sports, sitcoms, and horror flicks. I like SciFi, Action and informative documentaries like Nova.
Please feel free to comment and offer other selections not in the poll!! Multiple selections are NOT enabled (I can only afford one!)

• 2 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 1 vote
  • 3 votes
RobCampbell 7 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I pay for Netflix, its great value for money, tried prime and to be honest its a right royal rip off as most of the good stuff, if it has any, you have to pay extra for.
my guilty pleasure is TERRARIUM ON MY FIRE BOX.

Kitz Level 4 Mar 5, 2018

I have a personal Netflix account. I also have an Amazon Prime account that I was able to get at a discount because I work for a university. It's definitely all I need. I can also stream this to my television at home from my phone with Google Chromecast..

I ride along on my mom’s Netflix account and have Hulu myself. They are more than enough for me.

I pick up what I can from the air waves , I get 3 bands from 1 station for news , & whatever else may or may not be on tv . If there is nothing on , then I do not feel obligated to get my money's worth , because I didn't pay for anything . You sound like you are similarly streamlined for such an agenda . Save your time , trouble , & money for YouTube , & you'll do far better with information entertainment .

Dougy Level 7 Feb 25, 2018

I have Netflix and Hulu (no cable). I'm thinking very seriously about cancelling them both, because I almost never watch either one.

I would say none of the above. Over the air. I am also "old school" as I would rather just find a good series, then buy it on blu-ray a few years later. I don't even have cable TV and don't miss it at all.

@NoMagicCookie I had cable and then got the bill WHOA! Those TV ads about unexpected charges were spot on. I cancelled it immediately.

Hello All, thanks for your advice. I just signed up for Prime (the price was right) and have been enjoying the most recent Star Trek flicks this morning (I rarely go to a theater). So far I'm very happy with it, browsing the offerings, it seems to fit well with what I like to watch. I hope there are some good documentaries, if not, those are pretty easy to find on Youtube.
Again, Thanks very much for your input!!

I have Amazon Prime and periodically add Netflix, Netflix DVD, Hulu, Starz, HBO, etc. for a few weeks or months to pick up any special programs I want to see. I also purchase specific series from time to time (The Expanse, Lucifer, The Good Place, ...) since I'm in a broadcast TV dead zone and since it's still a lot cheaper than signing up for cable. I prefer not to add a regular cable service since I tend to watch any crap that's on and since life's too short to waste!

Try the Firestick first! It's free! Then you can decide later if you don't like it.

I use a roku device but pay for Directv Now to watch on it.

None. Watch YouTube videos for free. Learn something, travel the world, great music, plus too much to mention.

Amazon is a total waste of money.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:28841
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.