Agnostic.com

20 3

Have you ever been accused of being a cannibal?

I know that there is a recurring theme of atheists being called satan worshipers, baby killers, all kinds of fun stuff. .. what's the best thing you've ever been called by someone devout DIRECTLY BECAUSE of your atheism?

obtusethevague1 7 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

20 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How do you know its fun stuff?

I was called a "Better Christian than most Christians."

Never a cannibal though.

I lived with a vegetarian once..she would call me a murderer whenever I brought lobster home for my dinner..she told me they scream when you dropped them in to boiling water..I looked at her and no they don't scream cause they don't have vocal chords..she countered with they pull younger lobsters out of harms way..i looked at her and said they're Cannibals...lol

Cannibal who eats babies, Satanist, Satan Worshipper, Heathen, Pagan, Savage, Hell-Spawn, Blasphemer, Child of the Devil, the list is almost endless with what I've been called over my 60+ years as an Atheist.
When some poor, deluded Theist/Faithfool accuses me of being a Cannibal and eating Babies my response is, "But I only eat the babies from Religious families such as those from the Abrahamic Beliefs because they are so tender, soft and sweet tasting plus there are plenty of them to go around"....LOL.

I have been called a Satan Worshiper.

Nobody has ever said anything nasty or accusatory to me about my lack of belief.

You don't know just what you've been missing out on then. The comments of these Faithfools are, without a doubt, truly well worth the best belly laughs you can ever have.

Hahaha! I think whoever accuses atheists of being cannibals need a dictionary.

In cycling, that would be a compliment - the greatest (male) cyclist of all time (the greatest of all cyclists of all time is a woman) was nicknamed The Cannibal, so it'd be considered that anyone called one was being compared to him!

Jnei Level 8 Feb 25, 2018

Ive been called heartless by an ex lover, a Satanist by some family, and most recently I was told I was going to hell by an employee of mine, who unbeknownst to me was a raging Bible thumper.

But never a cannibal...

Ahc29 Level 3 Feb 25, 2018

Heathen.

All the time

Fence sitter....that's my favorite....I don't sit in the middle, I walk around the landscape sharing in other's belief systems. A living Virgil, if you will...hehe..how dramatic of me...

I have often been told I was going to hell, though....especially when the street evangelicals would start on their rants in downtown portland, and I would yell next to them about the virtues of satan...they would get so miffed....hated sharing the 'stage'...hehe...oh the 90's...

I've been called many things for being an atheist. The worst was "baby eater." My favorite though was when a Muslim called me "a racist piece of human shit, cracker ass nigger lover." Oh the irony.

@obtusethevague1 lol, right? I'm not even white.

Yeah ... one awful guy called me one once ... so I ate him !

Did you have his liver with fava beans and a nice Chianti?

@obtusethevague1 nasty !

An evangelist once told me my marriage wasn't real because I wasn't a Christian. . Well, turns out it wasn't real - but not for that reason.

Hmmmmm I got a accused of being a cannibal by a vegetarian once, but not by any religious people.
Conversation about If I survived a plane crash and was in the middle of nowhere on some icy mountains (just like the movie) Would I eat human flesh. I said If circumstances were so bad I would consider it. So they went crazy and called me a cannibal.

Sacha Level 7 Feb 25, 2018

Given the same circumstances you described, I sure as hell would.

Not this week, so far. However, today is only Sunday.

Soulless asshole but that may just be my personality. 🙂

Lol I think so, as in “go eat a baby.”

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29011
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.