Agnostic.com

5 5

Newspapers Rip ‘Imperial’ Trump’s National Emergency, Calling Him Biggest Threat Of All

Chicago Tribune skewers president’s “act of petulance.”

[huffpost.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Feb 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

This stuff runs off his back like water off a duck. It's such an emergency he had to go out golfing today to keep from thinking about it! And he loves going to court. Even more now that the taxpayers are having to subsidise his legal team and the ones who are suing him. He has all the knowledge and characteristics of a really bad two year old!

Ler's hope that this is Trump's downfall. If the courts declare his phony national emergency unconstitutional, Trump is all but politically finished. His support in Congress will gradually erode, and he will be branded as the irrational, greedy sociopath that he is.

I had a long debate this morning on where the Supremes will land on this. My wife thinks 5-4 to call the emergency unconstitutional. I think the supremes will vote with President Dumpy.

The supremes, let us hope, will realise that what powers they give him they will also be giving to any other president, who may not be a conservative.

I wonder if it gets that far. I'm not sure there is a point of law they would think needs clarification. If SCOTUS thinks he's just being lawless and reckless, they might not hear an appeal of a lower court's injunction. The chief justice is not impressed, by all accounts. Trump may not have enough toadies on the court to even get a hearing. If anyone knows they don't answer to Trump, it's the Supremes.

@alliwant I hope you’re right.

He implemented tariffs under the guise of national defense (even against Canada), so this comes as no surprise. The bright side is that this may hasten his departure from office.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:290176
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.