Agnostic.com

30 1

Death or Old Age - Which Do You Fear More And Why?

• 3 votes
  • 38 votes
MarqG 5 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

30 comments (26 - 30)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

While I fear death it is true, I fear that living to an old age a lot more. Especially if my spouse dies before me, he is the only one who truly cares and loves me and without him life would be so dim. I guess one might say that I fear living in a world without my best friend, my partner, my love.

I wonder if I'd get different results asking this question on a christian web site. Maybe they're more afraid of dying because of all that hellfire and damnation garbage.

MarqG Level 5 Feb 27, 2018

I think old age. I don't want to get down & decrepit, locked in a body I can't control. Death I look at as the final great adventure.

Death, it reduces my options

I fear getting old and being alone. I fear being alone and watching everybody I love experience death surrounded by loved ones only for me to have a fate opposite. I fear never finding love and growing old and not having anybody to spend my final days with. I fear the pains associated with growing old and I fear the lack of time left in my life to do all the things I want to do.

Death is fascinating. I don't fear death. Nobody knows what happens when we die. I want my body to be recycled back to the earth. I want to be buried straight into the ground near a large tree and I want there to be a celebration in honor of my life. I'm excited for death and to learn what happens when we die.

But I dread the time it'll take to get to that point and all the unknown variables in-between.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29383
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.