Agnostic.com

27 1

Statistics published recently suggest 42% of US households have at least one gun. That's a lot of guns; however, as a European who has never visited the USA, based on what I read in the news and see in TV programmes I'd assumed it was much higher - I'd have guessed somewhere around 70-80% of adults owned a gun and "at least one gun per household" would be higher still, probably 90% plus. So that got me thinking: how many US users of this site own at least one gun?

• 21 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 29 votes
Jnei 8 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

27 comments (26 - 27)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I own a shotgun and a rifle, but have not fired either in over 30 years. I am for completely banning of assault weapons, all automatic and semi-automatic weapons, and pistols.

We are 4% or the worlds population and own almost 50% of the privately owned guns. We have almost 1 gun for every person in the country.

EricT Level 4 Feb 26, 2018

Although that would read well on a bumper sticker, it will not qualify you for Mensa membership.

@EricT Calling someone a "Troll" = you don't like what they say.

@dahermit No that's not what it means, at all. You must get called it a lot, so you've made up your own definition that allows you to feel good about yourself. It means someone that is purposefully trying to agitate and bully others into their point of view. You believe that no one else on here has a right to their opinion because you think yours is the only right one. You think that commenting on these threads is about winning the conversation instead of having healthy discourse on a difficult topic.

@Colorado88 absolutely not, I am all for a healthy debate.

@EricT my comment was directed at dahermit. Not you.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29394
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.