Agnostic.com

25 1

Where do you see humanity in a thousand years?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

25 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

At the rate we're going? Extinct.

Extinct

Dead ot the brink of extinction

Either extinct or Star Trek society (no Warp drive though)

Hopefully, extinct.

Steve austin at best but probably enslaved unless modified. definitely hurting en masse

Probably extinct. If there are any survivors of the post-apocalyptic world that will exist after climate-change produced scarcity and corruption leading to tribal wars and wide-spread contagious diseases, they will be confined to small fortressed communities with no mechanical transportation or communication networks. Some colonies will be more technologically advanced than others, but it will largely be a feudal existence until there is another Renaissance which will be short-lived and doomed to the destruction by war chiefs and, most likely, apes.

Hopefully... extinct. And a new upgraded "something" will be developed for sure calling themselves something else and having little to do with us.

The principle reason we are very apprehensive of our future I think is that we are constantly being bombarded by World News in this digital age which is mostly bad, sometimes very bad. I think we could brighten up our individual lives by switching off the World News now and again. But just speaking for myself, I can't help myself , being the curious cat that I am. I have to switch it back on to see what awfulness my fellow man is getting up to.

if you're smart don't read the papers . don't watch network tv and enjoy your life .there is nothing one can do to change how the muppetts will call the show

@markdevenish Stick your head in the sand.....don't watch said no one ever, but my kids. I listen to 7 different news channels and I don't even have cable. I think they call that an addition?

If it hasn't offed itself yet, stuck in the same rut of determining which bigot is the true bigot.

Most will have died off. There will be small isolated agrarian populations with minimal machines.

d_day Level 7 Feb 26, 2018

more likely many machines

If we survive..dispersed around the galaxy..

I used to think that the world would become civilized as time moved on. I now have doubts. While I thought that the "Dark Ages" was a time in the past that we've evolved so far from - and that we'd never go back to. However, current events seem to indicate that it may not be true. There still remains, it seems, much inhumanity that man has yet to unleash on other men. It seems that "Progress" can go both ways. However, for our sakes, hopefully, it'll move in the direction that celebrates the humanity that is in each of us.

So sad . I counted a ratio of (about) 25 pessimism to 3 optimism. There IS such a thing as Faith in Humanity.

I wouldn't give humanity 20 years before a melt down the way we're going.

MarqG Level 5 Feb 27, 2018

Science letting people live forever to finally drive the last nail into the coffin of religion and non-existent reward of an afterlife.

Ellipsism.

This is the term given to a sense of sadness one experiences when realizing that one won’t live to see the future.

Humanity as a civilization, extinct. As a species, well, we still have the brain advantage, so maybe at the tribal level, or perhaps we may have built up a new post disaster civilisation. I lean more to tribal, we will have been severely decimated by disease.

Replaced by another species or another homo-something? I don't know, but I do know that if we don't quit polluting and over-populating, the earth will survive and we won't.

Their won't be humanity in the next 100 year

Gone .... and way before then !

We will be angels sitting on clouds playing the harp.

People who are destroying the earth may not have a cloud to sit on either.

No one tells ANYONE what to do.

Who knows. Most human predictions are way off.

Sedentary. Fewer people. Elites and ultra poor. Automated.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29487
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.