Agnostic.com

5 12

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Heard an interview on NPR yesterday about this story. Very interesting and educational.

So we loss a mice and we gain a bee.

I think I’d prefer something like that be extinct.

What is the point. It says that it is very elusive and I have not ever seen on in my life so this article is somehow misleading about bee extinction.

Critters live all sorts of different places. Just because a human hasn't seen them, doesn't mean they're extinct. They catch "extinct" fish every once in a while. Get's into the whole, "if a tree falls in the forest" deal. Just because something has no witness doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

@david75090 Yes that is so, however when it comes to bees we need millions, billions of them around the world for the crops to grow, one or two or three big fat bees won't do it.

@Jolanta I'm thinking this is a different kind of bee. A different niche in nature. Not a honey bee. Might be wrong.

@david75090 I think that you are right that it is a different kind of bee. Not one of those that we all need, pollinating our crops.

Cool.
Now to resurrect the Wooly Mammoth.

I hear they taste great! (Northern Exposure)

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:295329
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.