Agnostic.com

11 2

[medicalhealthnews.info]

How many have some sort of autoimmune? We aren't a huge group, I'm curious. I have Dercum's Disease.

fantasticalice 5 Feb 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

11 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What a great thread! Thanks to all who took the time to comment. I grow and use cannabis for my maladies. It works and when it comes to names? It's Free. I have a really hard time trusting doctors. I also have heart disease and am being treated all based on the WRONG blood pressure. Not one person could take it right. My BP has not changed or deviated in 65 years. The heart doc did get it right, once. My suggestion is to be really careful with those docs.

I have fibro and inflammatory arthritis

Oh, I had this one a few years ago... might return. There has been little work on it since it is so rare. It is thought to be immune related. Very painful, but gets better over time.

Parsonage-Turner Syndrome, also known as brachial neuritis or neuralgic amyotrophy, is a peripheral nerve disorder that causes severe pain — usually involving the shoulder and arm. This pain is followed in days to weeks by weakness.

I have Ulcerative Colitis. Had it for 12 years since 2006.

I don't, a young friend has Crohn's, my mother has had Lupus for almost 50 years, an ex has Schrogen's, another ex has autoimmune hepatitis, well did have, new liver now, another friend has alopecia that is autoimmune caused. It is so hard re autoimmune, I wasn't sure re Dercum's, but painful is not normal for lipomas. My dog had 2, one removed as it developed its own blood supply ie sarcoma, yet the other remains just a fatty lump. Just curious, steroids help? It is so rare not many treatments have been tried really, have heard of 2 cases where interferon helped, which makes me think tacrolimus may be a possible. It is mostly used here for preventing organ rejection, but this week I have begun using it topically on my dog's eyes as she has dry eye and I am trying to re-stimulate the tear ducts.

I have two bald daughters...I know alopecia very well. I really appreciate your post and the fact you take some of it in your own hands. I read so much on so many different subjects, it's hard to keep up with it all. I have 2 pugs, got there teeth cleaned and it started from there. When I met the pugs that 1st time I KNEW they were going to be costly. That tooth cleaning was a very bad idea. Vets are a real trip is all I got, you MUST be careful with the doctors. One pug ended up with a fungus, a total nightmare.

I have Hashimoto's thyroiditis, which is autoimmune. I also had alopecia areata when I was in my 20s (bald patches caused by your immune system attacking the hair follicles), but fortunately all my hair grew back.

my friend went the other way, she has zero hair, in fact now has had her scalp tattooed.

CFS.

Psoriasis, and psoriatic arthritis. I'm willing to wager type 1 diabetes probably tied into the autoimmune issues as well, but no definitive proof on that one.

Type 1 is usually caused by the immune system destroying islet cells in the pancreas.

Exactly. So, possibly tied in with my psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis auto-immune issues.

Does arthritis count?

Ai arthritis is very common, like all AI, more common in women, by about 8 times

@Rugglesby YOU are very knowledgeable so refreshing.

I have an autoimmune issue that no one seems to have a name for.
The individual symptoms all have names, but there isn't one that covers the
whole shooting match.
It's a pain in the ass, but life goes on. I have my bad days, but I'm too defiant to let them get me down for long.

I've got something autoimmune. Still working on a diagnosis. Hoping it'll stay mild.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:29603
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.