Agnostic.com

10 2

Bohemian rhapsody movie?

What are your thoughts on the movie Bohemian rhapsody? I quite enjoyed it.

Barbara 6 Feb 25

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

10 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I thought it was quite good. The lead actor did an excellent job and Queen is fo' sho' in my top ten favorite bands of all time.
'

I enjoyed it, but I still wonder what it would have been like if Sacha Baron Cohen had played Freddie. Also, if you are a huge Queen fan, then there are a few details that aren't factual or are chronologically out of order which can be slightly annoying.

...gonna dodge it..

Varn Level 8 Feb 25, 2019

Haven't seen it yet. But as soon as it's on HBO, then I'm going to watch. I once wrote an essay for English Lit class on Bohemian Rhapsody. It took me weeks to write, and I went into great detail on the descent into madness, and the connections to Hamlet, and all kinds of other stuff. Then a few years later I read that they simply threw all that stuff together with no real thought... That was weeks of my life, talking about nothing.

There's a BBC documentary about Queen that's much better, contains more information and is more accurate. One good thing about Bohemian Rhapsody is it is reminding me to listen to tons of Queen music and we're getting a bunch of new interviews with Brian May and Roger Taylor. Those guys are also real interesting but there isn't much about them in the movie.

Heard it was really good from people who saw it. The Oscars sure liked it. I am looking forward to watching it when it makes dvd/on demand in a few months.

Redbox has it

I've got mixed feelings about it. Loved the music (of course) and the story telling, but at the same time, that could be found in other Queen biographies. Totally respect Brian May and saw his show in Baltimore, after Freddie passed, but I think he's running an operation solely on memories, no substance. John's gone, too, now and they didn't mention that in the end of the movie. The same highlights could just as easily be found in a VH1 documentary, without the hype and drama.

I have yet to see this movie. Got a moose, got a moose, gimme a mango!

I Loved it!!!!

I still haven’t watched it. I want to see it so bad!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:298021
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.