Agnostic.com

15 4

Were/are you more productive at work when you were/are in a relationship?

Aralt 7 Feb 27

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

15 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes and no, I work faster to get away from work sooner, but do waste time chatting to the object of my affection, either at work if we work together or by phone

Never occured to me to work any harder. I did worked hard without it so....

I certainly wasn't when I dated somebody that worked at night. When everything was going well, it probably was, but there were times when she got sick where I was not as productive.

I'm much more productive now that my divorce is over. Going through that was distracting.

I was most productive in my career when in the depths of a long, terrible. marriage. My work, my working relationships, and my successes gave me the affirmation and satisfaction which my marriage could not. It was what kept me going.

Yes I am more productive and also a better time manager. I want to spend time with my love. I become more organized and less stressed too. Because I am busy I respect and enjoy time spent together and appreciate time apart .

EvaV Level 7 Feb 27, 2018

Work is work & my personal relationship doesn't impact my productivity. My career reputation & work ethic are very important to me & if the person I'm with tries to interfere with that, then they don't understand me or have a concept of my idea of real life bills, mortgages or obligation & responsibilty. I've pretty much made my way on my own most of my adult life & have worked hard for what I have. I don't date men for their wallets or what they can offer monetarily so they shouldn't expect me to shirk work for them.

Generally yes, also less stressed.

Less productive because it distracted me. However if I ever actually went to a long term stable relationship that wasn't in the honeymoon phase and then break up, probably I would do better.

No. I was always in a hurry to get done and go home. Now all I do is work.

No difference. Apparently, I just like to teach, and enjoy interacting with my students..which doesn't depend on whether or not someone else is in my life.
But, in some cases, having someone to contribute to the income/housework/car repairs was helpful in general.

Yes. I just felt happier. All the bullshit didn't matter as much.

No. My productivity has never been reliant upon anything other than myself. Being in or out of a relationship had no effect whatsoever.

I've noticed no difference.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30012
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.