Agnostic.com

31 7

Is it better to settle for a good relationship or wait for the best, even if it might never happen?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

31 comments (26 - 31)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

If you reframed that and asked instead "I have a good relationship how could we make it better" you might find yourself with further options.

I had two major relationships (marriage). The first - settling. The second was what I was waiting for. I waited so many years till he came along. It made my life worthwhile. Back to the first: disaster. I never should have entered into it. As far as making things work, you always have to do that. But it's a lot easier with the right person.

I think a good relationship is preferable to being always searching for someone 'better'....really get to know someone as a friend and see where it leads.

Isn't "good enough" the "best" at that point time. It's obviously "not good" (as in "not good enough" ) if you're hoping for better.

Pobodys nerfect. All relationships require work, none are perfect.

You don't have to settle. But there's nothing wrong with working your way up either.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30153
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.