Agnostic.com

35 3

Do any specific noises cause you anxiety or fright (without reason)? **READ THE FULL QUESTION**

edit- Great answers! Many have the obvious reason of being a startling noise or a noise that irritates. I'm wondering about sounds that creep you out without explaination.We know music can make us feel. What is interesting to me is that certain sounds can cause discomforts like fright or anxiety without having a known reason (such as PTSD or other negative memory). Children often deal with this. The sound of a train horn, or a noise in the wind. What sound naturally makes you uncomfortable?

EhMularz 5 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yeah, Church bells on a Sunday morning. Especially when I've had a few beers/scotches on a Saturday night and that is every Saturday night.

People chewing gum or food with their mouths open. Redrum!

Not really a sound but I say something and the person ask me questions about what I said, mainly in a challenging tone.

Have you seen/heard this? Creepy and cool all at the same time. I think this would be a fun experiment for kids to make something like this (I work with kids if you can't tell...)

Remi Level 7 Mar 6, 2018

There aren't specific sounds that bother me, but sounds in particular frequencies cause me actual pain. Me ex's best friend had a laugh that hit those frequencies. It was a lot of years of hell.

d_day Level 7 Mar 5, 2018

The high pitched seatbelt "ding" in my dads truck

The orange one's voice.

The screech of vehicle brakes , with a following metal crash ...

Noisy, smacking chewing.

Hearing the dentist's drill, while waiting my turn !

A baby crying - or worse - screaming.

On TV , or in a movie, amplified gulping sounds.

Others have already said similar things but I cringe whenever I hear the phrase: 'President Trump' . It was even hard to write that...

Hammers and repetitive knocking/banging.

Here is a strange one: dripping faucet.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30223
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.