Agnostic.com

8 1

What are some of your best deals?

I'm always looking for a good bargain. Of course, a bargain isn't a bargain if you can't use it. What are some things where you got a good deal for the money?

bleurowz 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My best deal was a nice top, jeans, and a pair of earrings I got at Kohl's for $3.00. They would have owed ME money if I didn't buy the earrings.

I have a Galaxy Note 10.1 that I can use as a telephone for free when I am around wi-fi, using free apps like Facebook Messenger, Skype, etc.

Mobile phone $14 a month, unlimited texts world wide, unlimited calls nationally, 1gb data,
Electricity, they pay me 16 cents per KWH
Visa rewards card, they pay me 1% of all I spend, so often clock up work costs and get reimbursed.
Pet food, 100% pure chicken mince $2 per KG from a chicken processor,

My recent addition is cheap books, I just like paper for reading and collecting. We get books donated at work, and the people keep watching for ones I like. I got the whole wheel of time series for $10, our copies were worn. Usually I take a handful of books each week for a couple of coins, donate back the ones that don't interest me.

I worked in a Big Store in the Electrical desk...everything gets reduced eventually....best bargains were 3x 1TB harddrives for £1 each...or laptops reduced..got 3 of them but best ones were camera's...a nikon d3100 for £30 and a Panasonic hybrid reduced from £249 to £30..and many many more...

Clothes, Furniture and what ever you didn't know you would like. I was in Construction in NYC for 30 yrs and there are a few outlets like "Cheap Joes" and a few others that you have to go into to see what they are "giving away" If I needed an emergency buy then you had to had a preview to remember where. If you travel to NYC into Penn Station your in a good area for browsing especially up and about 7th, 8th Aves between like 23rd st to 46st. If you make the trip do it with the time to take the walk and go into every store. For Shoes and accessories I will go to Burlington Coat Factory or others and find there sale section which is usually cut down real low but you only have to find the right size and then your set because they can have top name shoes at 75% off.
Furniture is my favorite because I like to refinish wood. Only real wood and the older and scratchier it is the better because it doesn't have 5 coats of paint on it. One coat is a major problem and you don't know. Again I will only get real wood and if you go and buy a sander or do it by hand all you need to know is that once you get to bare wood you will understand how simple it is. Applying the stain and whether to varnish or shellac is something that you will understand. Another thing is that one you get going you really get to see the beauty of wood and you can spend as much time as you want because it only gets better. You will also need to learn about steel wool, sand papers, razor knives and the different types. Its a real joy when your done and find out how much you have really learned and it will get easier each time.

I'm a new Yorker, so I know the places you're talking about.

Free iced coffee at Dunkin' Doughnuts.

The friend I was with asked about a senior discount - the teller at the window looked into the car and said "It's on the house".

My mattress was a 30-day return, so I bought it at $2k off.

Marz Level 7 Feb 28, 2018

One chicken mayo sandwich and one beef horseradish sandwich for one pound and four pence .

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30407
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.