Agnostic.com

13 4

What pay rate would you be satisfied with?

What rate of pay would you be satisfied working for? Not asking what you get paid, but what would you be satisfied with? What is the minimum you will work for?

• 1 vote
  • 0 votes
  • 4 votes
  • 13 votes
  • 10 votes
  • 11 votes
  • 2 votes
  • 2 votes
NothinnXpreVails 8 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

13 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I'm making $20.43 based on a 2080 hour work year and I'm retired.

All I know is, I don't ask for much. I've been working for the same major corporation for almost 30 years - yes - THIRTY YEARS ! and I make $15. an hour !!!!!! What's wrong with THIS picture ??????

Personally I would like enough to make sure I could afford to take care of my kids the way they deserve instead of the barely getting by that we've been managing for the last few years.

Any as long as I was reasonably happy. more money to me would mean more help for animals.

Hell yeah

Our minimum wage for a 38 hour week is $694-40, I work around 10, give or take, it is flexible,
I certainly don't need that.
I would like to keep doing as I do, and instead of pay, just have my costs covered regardless of what they were on any given week. I have no debt and minimal expenses.

making 200k a year ain't shit unless you have time to spend some of it... i'd rather make 50k and have time to enjoy.

I'm pretty happy with the one I have

50k or above is gravy for me. I'm making just under $20/hr right now, and I don't need a very lavish lifestyle to live. 50k is very stable to live on which would grant me enough freedom to do plenty of other things that are a little financially painful to do now. I don't need a big expensive house, maybe have some land, a modest and reliable car is all I need.

I currently make right above 15 and even with that I really don't get to pursue things I truly want to, Like vacations and dreams, I make just enough to live on.

I live a simple life on next to nothing. I have cut my overhead to cable, electricity and water and my mortgage is tiny. I can live on under $1,000/month and hope to cut into that even more. If I was brave I would cut loose and live on alms. The feeling of having no material ties and few bills is quite exhilirating. When I owe nothing I will be truly free.

and doesn't it great, freedom.

yes it does feel great. It was the first good feeling I got from studying Buddhist canon. Getting rid of attachments is such a positive - when at the time it happened I thought it a big negative.

Actually I'm good at $15..

If I can make enough to cover all of my needs and a few pleasures here and there fantastic

$100k/year. I don't need a lot of things, but I've put off many experiences to get to this point in my life and am unwilling to give up the opportunities anymore.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30450
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.