Agnostic.com

16 9

It's been shown time and again that when you combine intrinsic and extrinsic motivations, you get... well... more motivated. So this is my first post here, in my hunger for moving up a level. I want to be an active member, because I do believe in what this site and we all are doing and standing for. But that extra level "offer" seems to have put me over the edge. Thus, this post. Science (including psychological science) rules!

Sooz 6 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

16 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am the same and did move up

OK, here is an extrinsic/intinsic winning convination for you: browse on posts of people peek your interest and look at their posts. Then make a comment or tag to the comments. You will get your extrinsicly motivating points and you get to say what you think, and you will get to know the opinions of those people and you will get their responses, and those of others.
The truth is, I am not saying anything that you may not have figured out already, except for one thing: the conversations in which you engage, as you think of your answers, will give you deas for new postings.

On the level, this a fun site.(That was SO bad!)

Just waiting for my level to go up a bit, then I can jump.

Welcome I've only been a member about a month only because I didn't know it existed. Like the site and the people. They have some of the wildest posts I would never have thought of some of them but enjoy commenting.

Hello.

JimG Level 8 Feb 28, 2018

welcome

Welcome to our little world and may you find friendship, joy, fun and happiness in our little home. Just be yourself.

Chasing the carrot? Aren't we all, to some degree. Feedback can provide needed inspiration too. Your toes are wet now. Hope the water is warm. 🙂

Be very careful because this motivation will have some very positive results but it can also get you addicted! Points can make one feel they've accomplished something but, for me it should be about quality over quantity (yeah and I'm a fine one to talk).

Some time ago I had two life's goals: one was to get excommunicated and the other was to write a book. Neither has happened but I have managed to write a thousand+ letters.

I have that same hunger for points..reaching level 10, with the Black star & Gold 10..to me it represents Nirvanah..and dominion over all I gaze upon..yummmmm

I have that same hunger for points..reaching level 10, with the Black star & Gold 10..to me it represents Nirvanah..and dominion over all I gaze upon..yummmmm

Good on ya for stretching yourself. Since you're a writer at least you won't have to overcome the resistance some have to writing.

I've read that for every person who participates on a site like this, 9 to 99 others are lurkers. That's not necessarily a bad thing in any individual case, but I do wish people generally felt freer to join in.

It shames me that I get fewer points by answering later in spite of the fact I had no control over the situation. It creates frustration with no avenue of relief. What kind of reward system is that!!??!!

implies you should be sitting at the computer looking for new posts all the time

I didn’t know that. I’m very busy most of the time. Not fair. You should be able to browse at your convenience. I may have to WRITE A LETTER!!!

My, my. I can tell the competitive people by their comments. Once you get whatever perk you get by moving from level 1 to 2, is there any advantage at all?

I have seen very little gained by "moving up a level" other than the fact that you are more involved and obviously getting more from the site.

That pretty much sums it up

And i get more points for posting first! We have a win-win here!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30452
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.