Agnostic.com

2 0

Are there any widows on here? I'm widowed, 2 years ago and looking for widows to talk with, we seem to understand each other better than divorcees. Are there any single women in Arizona on here?

JerryARIZONA 4 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

2 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

To answer your question, yes, there are widows on this site, including some seeking dates. I was widowed 11 years ago, but have not been actively seeking dates while I finish raising my kids. If you want someone to chat widow stuff with, though, feel free to drop me a message.

You also might want to check out the site widda.org. It was a lifeline whennI really needed one. They had a very active social/dating forum there.

I am sorry for your loss, and sincerely wish you the best through this difficult journey.

Zster Level 8 Feb 28, 2018

Hi! This is a new website, so might have limited choices in your preferred type and location of women.

And you're right..about wanting to date widows only.
I don't date widowed men for a common reason..nobody wants to be the "replacement" love interest and plug into the man's life to take over the deceased wife's duties.

Most women want a man who dates them because they find the woman special, amazing, and they want only to be with her..no referring back to the lost spouse.

So, we're supposed to erase our late spouse or be alone forever? ):

@Zster Just telling you what most single women think. But if you are going to date only widows, it doesn't matter. However, if you date widows you'll likely find out for yourself that it's often difficult to replace someone.

WOW, did you ever take my comment wrong......Most widowers are not looking to "replace" their deceased spouse, nor for someone to take over their "duties". What a horrible idea you have of us. You are the exact reason that we stick together and only want to date each other. People like you that have not "lost" a spouse have no idea how horrible it is to lose a spouse to death and are always trying to compare death to divorce. Trust me, there is no comparison. In a divorce,one of the parties "wanted" it to end and made a choice, in a divorce, "neither" party had a "choice. Please show a little compassion to your widowed friends in the future!!!!!

@JerryARIZONA Whoa! Calm down! Most men are looking for a female replacement, even of their old girlfriends. I don't go on a second date if they start bringing up any ex. But you seem to have an issue about people making comments. If you disagree with someone, just don't respond.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30529
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.