Agnostic.com

18 2

Do you really think I can find love here?

I joined this group,honestly to look for love,it's true that many women claim not to see colour but that's not true,they say it to make you feel better--I mean they want you not to think of it as the reason they turned you down, but we are now mature enough to read between the lines, I have only met one person,who somehow thought she can date a black man,I know because she contacted me first and we have been talking,but I am not sure if it will work out,my communication with her is not as good as I would want.

Then the distance between me and her seems to be a big problem,plus other invisible obstacles that comes now and then, so my question is, as someone living in the Whitest State/city in US,will I ever really find love? Be it black or white straight woman? Even the few blacks I have made contact with,surely want to date out of their race.Which I think is okay. But how long should I be alone and unloved?

Humanlove 7 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

18 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You have to kiss a lot of frogs before one turns into a princess Latest stats say 80 contacts

I very much doubt it, but I enjoy my time here.

So "birdingnut" removed her offensive comment? Why? She shouldn't have removed it. I am not liberal nor a progressive.I know I am in US where I may not be welcomed by everyone, I also know there are some good people,who will open their humane arms to me even when I don't request, so next time, don't remove what you think is right to say, I do allow all comments including those that can be classified "uncalled". Was my response to her so painful than what she thought would be my response? or she expected me to mute myself simply because I am in what she calls her country even though she is now in Thailand which is not a US territory?

Who knows if youll find it here. But love will find you. It seems like there are a lot of lonely hearts everywhere. I think sometimes our expectations and perfectionism can get in our way. Mostly just be happy, with you and the world around you, love will get to you. Or I'm totally wrong.

I want to think you are wrong with this feeling,if you don't find love in your prime time,forget it when you are aging.

Maybe so. But I’m pretty sure life will be better for me if I chose to be happy and live in the hopeful thought that maybe there is someone out There that’s looking for ME. I’m 60, I'm happy, and every day brings wonderful new gifts.

I read that on line dating has the same success rate as other methods on meeting people.

JeffB Level 6 Feb 28, 2018

It doesn't matter if any of us think you can find love again. The ONLY thing that matters is
whether YOU think you'll find love again.
You're sounding incredibly negative. Perhaps that's part of the problem.

I think so.....they will refund your money if you don't find a match in 6 months.

This is a free sight and I am happy that it's free. Kindly don't reference me to paid forums.

@0752532706 that was a joke, nothing meant by it

@Darthpug Thank you.

That particular site you referenced totally fails. It kept trying to hook me up with 60 year old catholics even though I clearly warned them I'm 100% not interested in vastly older religious men. When I complained and requested my 6 month refund they said no because I didn't even try to talk to the "scientifically proven matches"

Seriously.

@LadyAlyxandrea yes they use your profile to tease other non paying profiles into getting them to subscribe. All the dating sites are the same.

@Darthpug I think this is still different.

@0752532706 it is different. He was making a joke, and I was mentioning an experience I had with the particular site he was making a joke about

Well, all I can say is "I really think" but who knows. I think chatting openly to a woman with a lot in common means there's a bloody good chance.

You can find love anywhere. I mean Anywhere.

Let me presume.

@0752532706 Presuming is how often enough you presumed yourself out from getting Laid or from finding Love anywhere.

presumption is the mother of all fuck ups

@LeighShelton Couldn't say more eloquent ... you can't be negative in the search of tail and expect coming out with a lobster. Presumption is a state of admitting defeat before the start of the contest.

indeed grasshopper

You are in the very liberal Pacific Northwest. Portland, Oregon is not at all the whitest city in the country. Not even the top ten. Oregon is not even in the top nine whitest states.

If you were talking about inter-racial dating being an anomaly in Bozeman, Montana, or Post Falls, Idaho, I'd say "Yeah, probably so." Portland? Nah......

Here's an interesting article from 2008-2010 stats on interracial marriages. About 15% overall in 2008. [pressherald.com]

Keep your chin up. You are not the only black man, nor the only hetero man, nor the only human, wanting to find love. It might not be here. Try to put the broad brush away, and like others have said, be open to possibilities.

I may agree with you though am surprised because many people reference Portland as the "Whitest city in US".

@0752532706 Hmmmmm.... “a lot of people” say a lot of things that simply aren’t true (i.e. supernatural b.s.), don’t they? 🙂 Many cities the population size of Portland are whiter.

May 1st, I'll have been single for 2 years.

Been single more than that.

me too, like 8 years longer

I'm old though. 30. Or young.

@Sarahroo29 30? Aaah yes , I Remember !

@MarcIveson Remember what?

@Sarahroo29 Being 30 in the mists of time .

@MarcIveson I'm old. I can now say, "I'm too old for that shit."

@Sarahroo29 Old ?Old ? I moved to Italy before you were born !

@MarcIveson I look 20 though.

@Sarahroo29 I know ... You are making me feel ancient , not just old!

@MarcIveson Lol.

you are very good looking, seem to be honorable, and working to better the world. If it wasn't for the 30 year age difference, I would be very interested in getting to know you better. You have a lot to offer, so hang in there

thanks for your observation.

Why not? Don't give up just because of players and some that are not sincere--it's tough but hang in there. I wouldn't care if a man was purple with orange stripes if he was what I am looking for. I am 68 and the pickin's are slim let me tell you--add to that I am fluffy and it gets even slimmer.

You may find love anywhere ! You just never know where your person may show up ...

Be open to possibilities, always.

Yes. No doubt.

Patience and persistence. Lightning will strike when you least expect it.

Keep smiling 🙂

I'm 65 and been single 15 years I've met some women but just haven't found the right one but I don't give up. And you wouldn't believe the looks I get from women of color if I ask them out. Your not alone be strong.

Most women want to date someone of their own ethnic and cultural background, and economic level. Nobody wants to date someone who could be wanting a green card, to score some money, or to increase their social status by dating a white woman.

Of course, these types of men try to use the "racism" card to guilt some poor girl into dating them.

I have to constantly block such men on Facebook and on any other dating website I've tried. If you are genuinely wanting to date someone, try someone from your own country and background.

First, I want to share with you that I worked my way into US, and it took me 15 years of trying and failing,by the time your beloved divine and perfect Government opened the door for me,they knew I wasn't needy and indeed I was eligible. Two,I am not a needy person and you want to think. I am working and seriouly paying my share of taxes to your divine Government. Three,if there's anything I am not interested in ,that's the US citizenship and if you have been reading my posts,you must know better. I also want to inform you that,I never benefited from your taxes in terms of food stamps or social services. I am attending college in US,but I can proudly tell you that I am paying my class out of my pocket. Your generalisation is uncalled for, while many people may want to get green cards into US,I am sorry to inform that I am not one of them. Finally,I think you know that there are many Americans who are seriously choosing to stay in other countries,the same way they (Americans) travel and live in other countries,even though they are not billionaires as you presume to be,is the same way I choose to come into US,and I have never denounced my Nationality, take heart...I am not look for your mighty US green card. I can also add that, no service you need that will be denied to you because of me or any other foreigner in US. You will still get everything your life desires.

@0752532706 Doesn't matter..I'm suspicious of anyone of another race or country trying to date a "white woman." I got my fill of that growing up in Haiti, from all the Haitian men. But there are plenty of white women, so you might find one. You seem prejudiced against your own race and country, though, by seeking foreign women.

@birdingnut I have not said that I am.looking for a white or black woman, I see more Americans running to other countries to marry, than foreign Nationals trying to marry in US, like I said,I came to US by merit, and I have never denounced my citizenship to become a US citizen,am more likely to take whoever I marry to Africa than staying, yes I have personally witnessed men from Africa taking their white wives and kids backs with them, I pity anyone who thinks that Oxygen is just only in America, therefore people must either loose their self worthy to come to America in order to live.

@Shellbell I seem not to understand if this is for me or anyone else clarify if possible.

@Shellbell Ifi you travel abroad, you'll find out. Men of color typically swamp white women, even the most homely, who are often flattered.

Anything is possible. Nothing ventured, nothing gained.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30545
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.