Agnostic.com

53 11

Are you the only nonreligious person in your family? Or are some or all of them nonreligious?

The majority of my family claim christianity. My father, however, is a deist and my brother is the same as me, agnostic atheist. My grandfather is interesting. He was a christian most of his life but after he was technically dead (for a quadruple bypass heart surgery) he changed his mind a bit. He was one of my unlikely allies, when I told him about my stance he shrugged it off and said it was fine (unlike others). He then admitted that he didn't really believe any of it, he just attended services because he felt it was part of his culture and as a way to socialize since many of his friends were already deceased. His church in particular has a significance to him since he was one of the primary funders of it and he even made a small model of it that eventually became the blue print of the building itself. The model is still inside the church.

AustinSkepticus 7 Feb 28

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

53 comments (51 - 53)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My sister and I being the only members of our family on the European side of the Pond are not religious and that does raise some eyebrows when I stay with family in the USA and decline to attend church. They do try to preach to me but I politely tell them they are wasting their time.

Yes I am. It makes for some "interesting" dialog.

I am the only one among an extended family of 40+. Maybe one in-law, but he never talked about it.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30578
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.