Agnostic.com

7 4

Teddy Roosevelt Stated that the public places should be kept and provided for so that future generations would also be able to enjoy them.Our current president sees them as valuable real estate to be sold for profit.I am so discouraged by the manner in which our current adm. is acting that I am beside myself.He is allowing drilling in National parks, deleted funds for maintaining them and is permitting the sale of certain lands.He is destroying our country and no one is protesting.TR said we should leave the environment better off for the future.I do not believe that anything has changed except the current adm . please would everyone write their members of Congress and demand we protect our public lands for the future!!!!!

Marine 8 Nov 7

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I agree it is alarming. Something has to be done to right these obvious wrongs. The republicans and their leader seem to not care and there seems to be a majority with the general population who are okay with it.

SamL Level 7 Nov 8, 2017

I do not believe there is a majority that supports the adm position but at the present time we are not able to prevent this rape of the environment

Thank you I will vote!!!!

I often have to turn the news off, because the things Trump does is so depressing.

I told people back in 2016, that Trump was not in it for anyone but himself. When he got the nomination, I said, if elected, he would only use the office to enrich himself, his family and his friends. When he won, I hoped with all my heart that he would prove me to be totally wrong about him, but he has already surpassed all of my worst expectations.

It seems Trump is going to try to use his position to make as much short term profit for himself, his family and friends as possible, at the expense of future generations.

It is sad and depressing. I do get some relief and laugh a little listening to the NPR quiz show "Wait, Wait, Don't Tell Me."

Let hope that all that agree will do their part to correct the situation

The biggest problem is that too many don't understand the connection between 'public' and the government. There is a case going on right now in Las Vegas about some extremists who took over a public land in Oregon. The leader constantly says he was helping to get public lands away from the government. Spin and fake news is at the root of many ills in this country. Our Fuhrer sees national parks as government property and can be used in any way to help his administration. He typifies what is known a 'landed gentry'.

I hope there are bmany more like you. Thanks

It possibly stems from the biblical addage that the lord gave the earth to man to be subdued and for his benefit. Such intellectual arrogance on the part of the original authors of the bible.

If Atheism had a sin, that would be it.

It is hard to know where to start with this administration. I hope EVERYONE votes in 2018. We need to protect our country in every way for future generations.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:3067
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.