Agnostic.com

5 1

What is it about some people that they are offended by a word, particularly fuck or cunt, but they don't seem to mind the mass murders of men, women, and children in other cultures by US drones?

Goat 5 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am a retired teacher in Wendover, NV, so many of my friends are teachers. We seem to use fuck and cunt as puncuation.

Like the use of the two mentioned words it is fascinating to read how the discussion carefully avoids repeating the assertion of American mass murder. To the drones @Goat please add depleted uranium shells to your list of American abominations and mass murder.

I just used those words to show the differences in the nature of offense. The abuses go back before this country was "officially" stolen.

Why is Debbie does Dallas X-rated and inappropriate to watch but teen aged girls killed by clowns is good American entertainment?

People using words of any kind in an impolite or offensive way will usually bother me; especially if it appears to be unprovoked by like behavior. Some terms are born of disrespect or are demeaning to others.

What makes me uncomfortable is more about how people are using them and why. I'd never object to anyone's freedom to express themselves honestly with any words. It is one of the best ways to determine what kind of person they are and how they think; even if they think.

Are you aware that many people sense your discomfort and so for that reason only set out to discomfort you?

@FrayedBear I'm aware that some Sadists hunt and gather, while others cultivate.

What's offensive to one is not to another.

@Goat πŸ™‚ I'll see yours and raise it by, what's offensive to one can be attractive to another.

@Silver1wun You said it much better. πŸ˜€

@Goat Thanks, but don't give up too soooon. We were just getting started.

@Silver1wun Do you also expect people to mind read?

True and these words are so much better at getting a point across then say β€œOh sexual intercourse and You Vagina”.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30778
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.