Agnostic.com

9 0

Quick question

Why is it so hard to make new friends as an adult?

DND420 3 Mar 11

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

What do you like to do? join some groups in your area that do that, real groups, not on line ones and maybe you will make some friends through common interest.

It is hard to make friends as a retired Boomer. However I did make two good friends in the last year or so. I was probably very lucky to make each of them because in each case I met them thru joining offline groups that didn't have that many members in each case as well as each group having almost no one my age except these two people. Which just goes to show how impossible it is to find someone to date by simply joining offline groups, since dating requires way more compatibility than friendship....I doubt I will make any more new friends in the coming months.

I tend to be shy and introverted around people I don't know. It would be extremely difficult for me to ask someone if they want to grab coffee and hang out sometime. I understand how you feel.

I make friends more easily now than I did when I was younger.

Deb57 Level 8 Mar 12, 2019

Wow, good for you!

Limited time and flagging energy for many of us combined with similar lack for those whom we might choose to befriend. Until recently, I have had very few free hours to socialize and have had obligations to meet in what free time I had, all while feeling burned out and exhausted from work and responsibilities.

Zster Level 8 Mar 11, 2019

I live my life with my arms wide open. I have no problems making friends, or at least fine acquaintances. It's a deliberate act of fearlesness.

I don't know. I have never had a problem with making new friends.

I find it hard too but I keep trying.

Bcause you aren't playing footie in the street and you don't have the best new toy to show off. Make friends here, hiya, I'm Jayne!

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:308479
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.