Agnostic.com

35 12

Suggestions accepted

I am suffering with a horrific case of trumpression. It's affecting my health. Have developed high BP and can hardly sleep or concentrate at work. I've tried to quit watching the news, with temporary success. I don't want to offend anyone on here, but he is insane and nothing more than " trash with cash". I don't know what advice I need or will get. I just feel overwhelmed with anger at him and the slow system.

Duchess 7 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

35 comments (26 - 35)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I am so sorry, but you are not the only one, I share the same feelings as you. I have gotten to the point of just laughing at the idiot that brainless fool is.

I have backed away from politics and the daily news cycle. I follow @SethAbramson on Twitter for good legal analysis of the Mueller investigation and a way to root for the tide to turn. I will definitely vote in the mid-terms. I have the luxury of being old, white, heterosexual and upper middle class, so there's not much immediate downside in Trumpism for me, but my son was young, white, asexual and lower class and in a backhanded way I'm glad he didn't live to see the Trumpocalypse, he would have had real reason to worry. He missed it by just a few months.

Well I know what his reaction would have been -- head-shaking bemusement. He wasn't one to worry. But what quality of life he had was thanks to the Affordable Care Act and similar initiatives -- now things are heading in the opposite direction. Let's be honest, I'd have been worried for him.

Don't give them the satisfaction. Keep calm, and carry on.

Believe in the system. It's working right now - albeit slowly and behind closed doors. I doubt other world leaders think of Trump as anything but a joke. I doubt any U.S. politicians (especially Republican leaders) think Trump as anything but a joke.

Kushner just lost his security clearance - effectively keeping him out of the Oval Office. Hope Hicks just quit. She was questioned for 8 hours by the House Intelligence Committee and admitted that she told "white lies" while in Trump's office. She refused to comment in a lot of the questions, though.

The WH is certainly not a steady ship. Imagine the constant frustrations they must experience working for Trump.

Imagine the stress Kelly Conway and Sarah Sanders must experience. Imagine what their nights must be like as they think of the lies they had to make during the day simply to protect Trump - who constantly puts his foot in his mouth.

Stephen Miller, on the other hand, doesn't experience stress because he's not human.

Can’t believe I’m going to say this since I’m a heterosexual male; find a male close to you, start an argument by asking him what’s makes him so damn special when all he wants is pussy and wealth. Don’t hold back, even if he backs down, just hound him until he finally demands you get out his face or go fuck yourself. Get the last word by telling him you know of his secret obsession and admiration for his pals. Pour yourself a stiff drink, especially if you don’t drink, go to bed, masturbate if you want, and you'll probably want to, and you’ll sleep like a baby. Is that abstract enough for you?

What’s there to lose? Just stay away from him and the alcohol after that as you might have hit a nerve!!

See, we men are jabbering freaks, closeness frightens us so we jab to keep people at arm's length, a woman's strength is the opposite; the closer you get the more dangerous she can be. Men move about from their head, either one while women move about from the heart. Don't let yourself get depressed from the likes of DT, understand where he's coming from then you'll realize where he's going (in this life) is the ultimate solution. Nothing can stop it.

I know this isn't really a thing any more, but you could learn some coping skills and quit obsessing over it. That would be the easiest thing.

I have an adult bev or 2 prior to bed..

I’ve tried to stay knowledgeable about current events but I try to remain as disconnected as possible. Being here is part of it because Facebook is way too too too much for me to take.

Thank you

How dare you insult insane people everwhere.

Volunteer and support a civic group that shares your ideals and philosophy. Put time into constructive engagements and be proactive in your community. Rage against the machine but do so without harming yourself or another.

I blocked my Facebook news feeds, and only listen to news on international news channels.
If Trump is making a televised speech, I switch channels.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:30985
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.