Agnostic.com

12 0

Why are people so greedy?

A lot of people want a lot of things. Especially if they can't have it right NOW. People want things they can't have. If they can't afford it, they expect people to give it to them for free. Some people buy so much stuff, that I bet their homes looks like the sick people's homes on, "Hoarders." Some people demand and throw tantrums if it is not available. If it's out of stock online, or the shipping is a day off, people demand for free stuff for the late service. Or for their order to be free. I'm sure Amazon and eBay deal with all the whack-jobs. People want and they will go to any lengths to get what they want. It may mean paying extra or demanding it to be free. Is that a way to live? I don't live like that.

Sarahroo29 8 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

12 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

We all want things we can't have. What I find abhorrant is the truly greediness of the super rich who don't need more and yet have no problem taking it at the expense of those less fortunate.

The same reason we are smart, stupid, generous, selfish, brave, loving, and hateful, we are a piss-poor design. Look at the platypus, left over parts? SIX DAYS! What was the hurry, he had eternity. Obviously did not think things out.

Because they are hungry for the things they can't get {love, self worth, a better job, nicer home etc}. So greed for having substitutes never ends because it isnt reaching the right spot - so manufacturing things never ends - sales never end.
the word greed itself has a poor reputation and sometimes I find myself bored and then greedy for amusement or knowledge - (Things don't count much with me )

I want more knowledge. I'm not greedy for it.

Wow....our president must be even more depraved than I could have imagined!

Consumerism has become an epidemic in our society over a fairly short time fired by peeps need to better themselves and the marketing driven throught ever expanding media outlets. We are bombarded by " you must have" advertising. People aren't greedy as such but they are encouraged to over indulge/over consume by advertising in an over abundant world.

Yes.

It's an addiction, an illusion that it fills an emptiness inside. The problem is that it never does which just leads to wanting to acquire more things. Speaking from the experience of someone who's been there.

Oh, okay.

Evolution

Hmmm...

Hatred and greed are a serious problem in our country. There are people on talk radio who promote this and they are very popular. I worry about the future of a country that is filled with so much hatred and greed.

Yes. People are full of hate.

I dunno,give me all your money.

Lol.

its there nature

it is but we will pay because nature can't be beaten

@irascible Yes.

Certain values have been attacked, such as generosity and kindness and taking care of each other because those values don’t suit the corporate agenda. Selfishrnesd, shallowness, competition, ruthlessness have been promoted at all levels as being natural and normal. It’s a total con job and perversion of human nature.

I concur.

I think people have just been taught to be greedy, pushy and impatient. I mean in our culture that's who succeeds, that's who we're taught to emulate. It's..incredibly sad.

Yes. You're right.

They havent evolved to be "we" thinkers like many of us. they are still stuck as "me" thinkers.

Yes.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31026
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.