Agnostic.com

28 4

Do you eat meat? Are you a vegetarian or vegan? Do you strive to eat less meat or are content with eating meat?

I don't eat beef or pork. I eat vegetarian cheese and drink almond milk, so basically no cow products. I hope to become vegetarian one day.

AustinSkepticus 7 Mar 1

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I have a strange red meat allergy that I devoloped after a tick bite. I can eat chicken, fish, vegetables, some dairy although I try and avoid too much cheese.
I use coconut milk in my coffee.
Being food restrictive makes you expand your food adventure. I have been eating duck, emu, ostrich. Luckily I like seafood as well. I really don't miss beef and pork

I may make a slow-cooker pot roast every 4-6 weeks and may grill a burger once a month or so in the summer, but that's about it for beef. I make buffalo meat chili a couple times during the winter. What I've noticed though throughout my life is that your inherited genes have more to do with your health and longevity than anything you eat. Every fall my Dad and his brother would slaughter a steer they had grown, so beef was a constant around here. Neither my Dad or mom excersiced even a little bit and every night for decades they had a couple of Manhattans.

My Dad was one of 14 kids.1 died within its first year. One in a car accident...and one was hit by lightning while farming. One brother died at 84. All the others lived well into their 90's and one hit 101. All were beef eaters...none were excersicers...but none were smokers either. My mom being from a different family line but the same lifestyle made it to 93. Her mom stroked out at 66 but was a smoker.

Two brothers from one eastern Colorado family married two of my Dad's sisters. One brother that smoked died at 54 while running a crane, and one at 77. I'm not aware of any of the 18 kids in that family that made it past about 82. So in my experience DNA is the primary indicator in the possibility of a long life, environmental issues such as smoking, drinking and drug abuse second and food choices after that.

When I'm out, I'll sometimes eat animal products, but usually I order vegetarian & hold the cheese. At home, I eat strictly whole food plant based. It's commendable that people do it for ethical or ecological reasons, but I did it for my health.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31082
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.