Agnostic.com

5 7

Connecticut Supreme Court Allows Sandy Hook Families to Sue Gun Manufacturers

Bravo!

"The Sandy Hook families pursued a different legal theory:

"They argued that Remington’s advertisements for the AR-15–style weapon ran afoul of the Connecticut Unfair Trade Practices Act by promoting unethical and illegal use of the weapon. Their lawsuit cited multiple ads that depicted the gun not as a tool of home defense, hunting, or sport, but as a weapon of war meant to kill a large number of people in a small amount of time.

"Remington advertised the gun as “the ultimate combat weapons system” used by the armed forces in theaters of war. It depicted a close-up of the gun with the slogan “Forces of opposition, bow down. You are single-handedly outnumbered.” It touted the weapon as an “uncompromising choice” with “military proven performance.”

"As the Connecticut Supreme Court explained, the thrust of Remington’s ads was that the gun would “enable a shooter to inflict unparalleled carnage.”

[slate.com]

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 15

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

5 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

You little ripper, about time the gun manufacturers had to face the music. I hope it costs those bastards Trillions in compensation.

@Triphid

Who are you calling a little ripper? Just looked it up. I assume you mean the killer. One definition (dictionary.com):

"a killer who dispatches and often mutilates victims with a knife or similar weapon"

@LiterateHiker No, it's an Aussie expression of joy, nothing to do with Jack the Ripper or anything sinister.
Maybe, just maybe, checking out where I'm from BEFORE you respond might help next time.

Now that is a legal theory that is worth pursuing.

yeah, yeah yeah, bring it on.

And yet our government is allowed to roam the world protecting 'freedom' with these and worse.

This is a big deal. Thank goodness for lawyers and impartial judges.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:311134
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.