Agnostic.com

7 9

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

7 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Driving a thousand miles without having to clean the windshield is getting my attention

More news that many will bury their heads deep in the sand and ignore. The religious will say it's because we are going against god's laws and the big penis is punishing us. This rhetoric will only exacerbate the problems. I have joined NPG but doubt it will do any good. We can't even cut down our consumption of meat to help alleviate the problems and never mind the hard things. The population is growing some 86 million net a year (1 US every 3 years) and we never hear about that as economists say we need continued growth. The population problem comes from all sources. I really feel sorry for the young people (40,000 + demonstrated in Amsterdam in protest about the inaction on Climate Change. This came out 5 years ago and I presented it during a filming of some environmental from a local transitions group. They denied it, of course.
[resilience.org]

Plastics, old cars, land fills, .....

Our grandchildren will live in the hell that my generation has created. Very saddened to read this.

Well, that was depressing.

That I will have to agree wirh completely. We consume a big chunk of good resources only because it's easier and/or cheaper than smart planning, recycle, etc. The culture of throw it away and buy a new one keeps creating an enormous amount of waste that will caught up with us faster than we think. At least, waste reduction, proper disposal and recycle is something we could control much better.

The US is probably the worst. Many European and Scandinavian countries already have good programs, policies and laws in place to protect the environment.

@BeeHappy The US economy model stimulates production at all costs. There's good and bad on everything in life. Excesive production and open market gives consumers choices but the environment cost may be too high in the not too far future

the link ain't working man.

Thanks. I'll check it out.

Worked when I tried it.

@tnorman1236 not here. i probably broke it.

@hankster I don't know what to tell you...

@tnorman1236 no worries.

@hankster yes it was you

@btroje sure, blame it on the guilty guy.

@hankster you know it

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:311290
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.