Agnostic.com

8 4

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

8 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Never thought about it but now yeah it's happened although most compliments these days are about work performance rather than appearance because I kinda like dressing like a refugee from goodwill when I'm not at work.

I can't imagine a truly confident man (There are those far more confident than I am) responding in a negative way like what they describe in that article. I would PREFER to have my compliments countered with confidence. Something like the following scenario is what I WANT to encounter:

Me: That blouse is quite flattering on you.
Her: I know! That's why I picked it.
Me: I love your confidence. I find it refreshing.
Her: Really? I find that it scares men off.
Me: It sucks to be them, then. I am about to get some coffee. would you care to join me?

The logic of this reverse sexism should go all the way .....if some jerk sez: " nice tits " women should say my breasts are great to suck but never by tiny penis boys like you

it sounds ridiculous that fellas would act this way, but that should be no surprise. on the bright side? could this behaviour help weed out the boys from the men with minds?

This is not unusual behavior. It's much more rare to find someone who doesn't think this way.

I'm just oblivious I guess. that something like this would be that prevalent astounds me.

@hankster there are a lot of things we don't see simply because of who we are. That's why it's important to listen when others talk about their experiences and not write those experiences off because"that never happens to me".

I hope you don't think I'm denying that happens or that is commonplace, it just surprises me, and it shouldn't, but some folks are just shy of having better sense.

@hankster yep. That wasn't directed AT you. It's just a point that I felt needed made. Looks around suspiciously There are other people listening 🙂

I find the reaction by some men as described in this article to be totally bizarre. As far as I can recall, when a woman agrees with my compliment, I usually tend to chuckle about it. I can't imagine becoming angry. Too weird.

Just can't win...

Zster Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

Interesting read

JeffB Level 6 Mar 2, 2018

Hmmm I am always ok with compliments depending on what the agenda is..

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31194
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.