Agnostic.com

24 3

What do you do to pick yourself up when you're feeling kinda low?

NicThePoet 7 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

24 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Do the opposite, get high.

60s music. Just can't help dancing.

i call one of my friends and get together for a glass of wine/ lunch/dinner, or just hang out with my cats, pet therapy is good!

If I'm feeling low because of stress I like to journal and try to put it into perspective. It seems to help me quite a bit but if I'm just feeling low then I like to listen to podcast or music to modified my mood. If it's nice out I like to spend some time outdoors.

Float! Sensory deprivation is a great way to center yourself.

Find the punchline to whatever is making me miserable so I can at least get a laugh out of it

I make YouTube videos and troll the internet.

I write.

Gohan Level 7 Mar 2, 2018

i suffer depression so tend to emplode and just get by till i feel better. not sure that helped you much.

Music! Loud obnoxious music.

Therapy. I love my therapist. But generally practicing mindfulness. Diaphragmatic breathing is great. And cake but I'm trying to back off from the cake.

Yes, mindfulness is good.

I jump/dive into the water.

Call a friend or family member.

Music or write to get it off my mind.

Allow myself to feel what I'm feeling ... it's validity. I realize it's a point in time and there are peaks and valleys in life. It will pass and it will be a point of reference from which to learn. I allow myself to be introspective of its source.

Uncas Level 4 Mar 2, 2018

Lows are shitty. Sometimes you can't will yourself out of bed. Sometimes I use the love I have for friends and family to coax me up to do something nice for them. Eventhough its not a cure-all it has the chance of making me feel better if not good about myself. I take it small victories at a time, building myself up.

MrOhm Level 4 Mar 2, 2018

Last week we had a day that was warm enough for me to get one of the bikes out. And I was lucky enough to get off work well before it became dark. After about an hours ride, I haven't felt that good in quite a while. Outside of an orgasm anyways.

Try to make contact with positive people, read a funny comic or bang some tunes on.

I realize that it will pass and go on with my day. And you know what? It passes.

Usually I listen to music, or call or chat with a friend. Having a good friend lend an ear can help me a lot 🙂

As John Prine sang, "You may see me tonight with an Illegal Smile . . ."

Perform menial tasks that require little to no thinking whatsoever like doing the dishes, cleaning, organising paperwork, gardening, etc.

By the time I finish I feel relieved since I have completed a task which gives me a tiny tiny bit of satisfaction.

Or just play videogames/watch TV. Whatever suits you.

If there's time, I'll take a road trip somewhere. Maybe I'll hit a local coffee shop just to hang out and be around other people for a while.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31384
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.