Agnostic.com

4 2

How can anyone take evangelicals seriously when they support this so called president we have?

KeithJones 5 Mar 19

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

4 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

A democracy ..and their lock-step discipline toward voting forces us to take them serious. Though riding high in their sad world, I think they only represent around a third of my/ our nation. But they’ve learned how our politics works - and worked it … led by the nose of course by Industrialists like the Koch (rhymes with crotch) Brothers..

As our overeducated Purists and disoriented ‘Independents’ bicker … the spoils of our binary electonary system go to those capable of making the strategic vote ..which those religious fuckers did..

But - they no longer get to shove “Morals” in our face!

Varn Level 8 Mar 19, 2019

By disconnecting the brain from reality then hook it up to a delusion generator.?

Put simply ... you can't. Evangelicals gave up whatever moral high ground they may have occupied (real or perceived) when they cast their lot with the Citrus Caligula (and "judge" Roy Moore, and others).

In my evangelical daze (mostly 1970s and prior), we disdained political involvement as beneath us, as seeking mere temporal power. How times have changed! Now everything is rationalizable in exchange for desired judicial nominations, the repeal of the Johnson Amendment, and a seat at Trump's morally reprehensible table.

Speaking in tongues, faith healing, 6000 year old earth...... I think the signs as to why no one should be taking them seriously has been around long before trump. Actually, maybe they should be taken seriously in the same way you would take a cougar stalking you seriously. But I understand the mind boggle 😀

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:313880
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.