Agnostic.com

28 4

As an agnostic/atheist, do you feel you actually have better morals than a christian?

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

28 comments (26 - 28)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

Yes

People always want to put a label on things so it makes sense to them in their views and prejudges. An agnostic means a person who believes that nothing is known or can be known of the existence or nature of God or of anything beyond material phenomena; a person who claims neither faith nor disbelief in God. Atheism is, in the broadest sense, the absence of belief in the existence of deities. Less broadly, atheism is the rejection of belief that any deities exist. In an even narrower sense, atheism is specifically the position that there are no deities.

Beyond that there is no special cachet or given power. You can be either type and be just as good or bad as a theist. I don't see why this isn't understood.

No I have a morality they have a morality , the fact that we differ is no surprise because we were probably brought up differently - I think we are just people and as long as we keep our 'beliefs' to ourselves apart from places like here, where they are welcome we will thrive.

You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31401
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.