Agnostic.com

9 2

Advice for long work days? Got another 15 hour workday with no weekend (full time + part time job) . Im told the more energetic you are the faster the day goes, but not sure if that's gonna work today. How do you folks get through / deal with these kinda hours? Feeling so burnt out!

(And drinking or weed isn't an option haha. Because work tomorrow!)

Ersomething 6 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

My only thought is...learn to pace yourself. Getting 'the thing' done is what is required, not going at a pace that you get so 'caught up' in it, that you have difficulty relaxing...even when you need to relax! The research says to try and maintain a schedule. Keeping your circadian rythem regular, is to your benifit. Find as much as possible to appreciate, about what you are doing. That should help to keep you from burning out. Best of luck.

How about me... staying retired and continue receiving my retirement checks.

Work 15 hour days and frequently 6 and 7 day weeks for years. If you enjoy your work. No problem if you don't find something you enjoy doing.

just get on with it

I watch YouTube as much as possible.

I stopped being able to do this by age 30.

I worked a lot of double shifts prior to that though. (Security and Human Services). If you're there and someone calls in? You're stuck there. Period.

Sometimes I even intentionally volunteered. (What was I thinking?). Face palm....

I have to say protein helped with staying alert. Not having access to decent food could make it a very long 16 hours. Also - coffee.

Did NoDoz just once when I worked a 32 hour weekend and slept on the bench seat of a car overnight. Will never do that again.

Do what your grandfather did..join a union they'll fight for your rights..like no more shitty wages or loooong hours.

If only... (also my grandfather was kind of a jerk so ill avoid some of his behavior haha) its so hard to get into a union job here without connections or the right skills at, which I lack 😟

@Ersomething what do you do?

@Charlene I deliver parts for a car dealership full time and work at a pizza place for the weekend

Im on minimum wage so I often work 14hr+ days just to make enough cash. just used to it I guess.
When im not working I get really serious about doing stuff I like. I rarely jus loll about at home. And I always take an instrument to work so I can play during my break.

That's the boat I'm in

Typically I Cry Alone in the bathroom for about half an hour LOL

It would happen but my 2nd job is food service so Im not sure if I get a break haha

The shower is an excellent place for that.

@Ersomething lucky for me I'm often the only one in my office so I can cry as much as I need lol.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31441
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.