Agnostic.com

9 2

Parents:
What is the one thing that your kids do that pushes your buttons? Why?

Crimson67 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

How 'bout you, @Crimson67?

One is not enough.

She is 28 and pushes my buttons often.

Not intentional on her part.

We have always been so close....and yet Iā€™m starting to feel so distant due to her choices and character frailties.

They are always late and I am always right on time!

Leave dirty dishes everywhere, then complain when fire ants come in the house. Sigh.

Zster Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

Aggravate each other.

Apathy is exhausting. "I don't care", "meh", and "whatever" are a direct path to me fucking with my kids. I try and go all evil genie on them and construe their apathy in the most embarrassing or irritating way possible. They have become more cautious.

They open the dishwasher after I run it and don't put the dishes away. I'm washing the same load for the third time right now because I can't tell if someone threw something dirty into it. Idiots.

Duke Level 8 Mar 2, 2018

Ha! When my daughter was a teen, that was her lazy way of doing dishes. Put dirty ones in with the clean and wash the whole load again. When I caught on, I forbade the use of the dishwasher. To this day, while I appreciate having one for rare uses, I do not use the dishwasher.

Act like myself and their father. Drives me crazy.

My kids just avoid me, so we have a super relationship šŸ™‚ When younger, my son got it in his head to throw a super-tantrum, at like, 14 or 15 - ahh, so awkward.. yeah, That pushed a button, I just had to retreat, I've still never talked to him about why he thought that whole psych-ward worthy episode was necessary, but I suspect it's because his mom used me as the bad-boogeyman so often, he had some dark-image of me that was totally out-of-phase with reality

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31445
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.