Agnostic.com

82 9

What's the best thing about being single?

There are many pros and cons to single vs. married life. So, what is awesome about being single?

silvereyes 8 Mar 2

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

82 comments (76 - 82)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

I guess everyone has a different idea about this. Most of it is just being selfish and self centered. When you get to be my age you may look at your tree of life and see it's barren, devoid of any fruit and all the memories you'll recall would be centered around you. Oh sure, you'll remember all the one night stands, but you'll hardly remember the names.

There's not a whole lot to be recommended about it, but there are some things. It affords me the chance to be better acquainted with myself. When you are with somebody, a great deal of your energy goes to pleasing your partner, or at the least negotiating workable compromises. Now, I do the things I do, for me, and I have a much faster feedback loop.

All the bed, all the time! Bwaaahahahahahaha!!

jeffy Level 7 Mar 3, 2018

I can play the bass at 4 am.

I enjoy the selfishness, although being selfless is not a bad way to be. I like that I do not always have to compromise when I am single

Being single gives you the opportunity to explore different situations and meet interesting people.
However, sometimes the interesting situation and people do not happens and you are there with your own thoughts and solitude.
Although having a companion could hinder some liberty, still, if understanding is part of the equation then it could be an interesting alternative.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:31457
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.