Agnostic.com

9 3

Why are young guys so loud?

Today I wrote this letter to the apartment manager. Quiet time is 10:00 p.m., seven day/week.

Dear Maria,

This is the fourth time this happened.

Young men, who live in an apartment at (address), throw parties on Saturday nights that last until 2:00 a.m. Apparently the men watch televised sports.

Frequent huge roars of males cheering keep me awake. Last night, I was awakened by trucks starting. At 2:00 a.m., two or three young men stood below my bedroom window, loudly talking for over 40 minutes. Their trucks continued running, adding to the din.

I couldn’t sleep because of the noise. At 2:15, I opened a window and shouted, “Hey!” twice. Finally, one guy looked up at me. “It’s 2:00 a.m.!” I called. “People are trying to sleep. Please quiet down.”

Instead, I should have asked them to go home. At first, they lowered their voices. A bottle hit the parking lot. They talked loudly until finally driving away at 2:40 a.m.

Please ask the tenants to end their parties earlier, and encourage their guests to leave quietly, instead of keeping other tenants awake with loud talking in the parking lot.

Today I feel exhausted from lack of sleep.

Thank you.

LiterateHiker 9 Mar 24

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

9 comments

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

The same reason young women talk to fast and never shut up I suppose. They are young, hormonal, and have unbridled energy.

Let's hope that someday these young men become fathers of babies with colic so that they will gain an appreciation of a good night's sleep, and be more considerate of others.

@ATDayHiker

I certainly hope so.

Sorry that happened. There are a lot of inconsiderate guys regardless of age. Sounds like you need to move or hire a sasquatch to live below your window.
This once happened to me in Russia. I started throwing cups of water on top of them until they went away.

Or get them to snowshoe with you for a couple hours before party on Saturday night.

@Healthydoc70

Thanks for your funny reply. The apt. manager will deal with it, I hope.

Wenatchee, WA noise ordinance says quiet time starts at 10 p.m., too. Next time, I will call the police.

Can't throw water on them because the screens don't open on the windows. That's a great idea.

I'm still loud sometimes?

Because they are young guys. All young people are loud. The only difference is these days they are also rude because of poor parenting.

I live directly across the street from w bar with the wholesome name- Pissers Palace - your situation sounds much worse than mine!

Testosterone. Dick measuring contest.

As a former young man I can tell you that as a whole, young men are stupid and inconsiderate (the notable exceptions being any young men who happen to be the offspring of anyone reading this - yes, yours are different blah blah blah).

So, sorry. Wish I had better news for you.

1of5 Level 8 Mar 24, 2019

I feel your pain. My neighbor across the street is raising horrific grandchildren on her own. The boy sells drugs and parties until at least 2am. Called the police three times in one week.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:317279
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.