Agnostic.com

37 3

Fear of Death

Despite the glorious rewards promised in the afterlife by religions, it seems there is a lot of fear of death. I do not fear death. Is this pretty much true of most humanists, freethinkers, agnostics, and atheists?

Elaine57 6 Mar 26

Enjoy being online again!

Welcome to the community of good people who base their values on evidence and appreciate civil discourse - the social network you will enjoy.

Create your free account

37 comments (26 - 37)

Feel free to reply to any comment by clicking the "Reply" button.

i've posted it before but here goes again: "i'm not afraid of death, i just don't want to be there when it happens"...Woody Allen.

there are probably a few ppl here hoping that i'll check out soon. patience..

Hell yeah I fear death . I have no desire to die , I like been alive u know . And I am pretty sure I ll be crying like a baby when I ll be given my walking papers from life . For about a day or so . And that's that . Knowing me , probably I ll get over it and facilitate my way to death when it's time to go .
I ll be damned thou if I live my life worrying about my death every day . Nobody escaped that f r . Another reason to " live ". Have fun , do good , and if possible live and be loved . Rest ain't matter .

I have a post on this topic you may find interesting (its the oldest of my 3 posts)

I don't fear death as I'm immortal, but if I'm wrong and I do die it'll be bloody inconvenient 🙂

Well I guess seeing as we believe in nothing we have nothing to fear

Death is something I do not fear, but neither is it something I'm actively seeking. Death, like most unpleasant chores, is something I prefer to put off as long as possible.

fear of the inevitable is a waste of energy.

That depends : yes if it's a slow painful death struggling to breath while oozing bodily fluids , no if it's painless and not too long a illness . Life is way to short , as long as I wake up and see the sun shine and flowers , hear the birds sing,watch my dogs and grand children play I'll take all that I can

I feel lucky for the privilege of living at all. I'm a Stoic. It enriches my life.

I don't want to die but all the same I know I eventually will.... Fear it? No why should I fear what is going to happen fear or no fear? To live a life of fear isn't living...

I do not fear death but I fear a painful death. My biggest regrets at death will be my loss of daily "sense of business" that most of us have as a routine. Nothing to you but everything to me, many people build ghost stories on this. I do not believe in ghosts, wholly, holy, or otherwise.

Write Comment
You can include a link to this post in your posts and comments by including the text q:318537
Agnostic does not evaluate or guarantee the accuracy of any content. Read full disclaimer.